Anyone like fresh pineapple?

I dont get why things keep being moved - why is it off topic? If it helps people to eat more fruit is that not a help for people doing sw? Just a question - not meaning to rock the boat

Its moved because its not directly SW related, it is helpful, Ive got one of these and theyre great but its not to do with SW diet, so therefore its 'off topic' hence the move :)

I've got one too! Controversially, I don't love it...lol.

I like it, but I find that there's a lot of waste with it. As it's not adjustable to the size of pineapple, if you get one of the extra large ones (as are on offer in the supermarkets at the moment!) then there's loads of juicy, tasty flesh wasted...and if there's one thing I can't stand, it's food going to waste!

Call me picky...lol!

(Edited to add: I don't have the Lakeland one that's got the adaptors for different sized pineapples, which would have alleviated my moan about the one-size-not-fitting-all issue!!)

My parents had one of these:
Cooking Time Cookshop, Stellar Saucepans, Judge Saucepans, Bugatti Cookware, Cookware Supplier, Quality Cookware, UK - Neat Ideas Supreme Pineapple Peeler Slicer / Corer (Powered by CubeCart)

It's adjustable, so fits any pineapple! They bought it in Australia about 20 years ago, but I've really struggled to find it in the UK. Thank the internet though...I have just ordered one! Yay!

Me and my bf were just talking about this last night! The hassle of chopping pineapple means we rarely buy one and often when we do it sits in the kitchen going off cos none of us want to attempt to cut it! Going to buy one of these things! Thanks guys :D

I agree with allie1904 - my 'pineapple preparer' is called Hubby! (he's also good at swede and celariac, 'though I do most of the rest!).

I'm sure that we get less waste preparing it by hand, and, like Hellie, I can't BEAR waste!!!

My parents had one of these:
Cooking Time Cookshop, Stellar Saucepans, Judge Saucepans, Bugatti Cookware, Cookware Supplier, Quality Cookware, UK - Neat Ideas Supreme Pineapple Peeler Slicer / Corer (Powered by CubeCart)

It's adjustable, so fits any pineapple! They bought it in Australia about 20 years ago, but I've really struggled to find it in the UK. Thank the internet though...I have just ordered one! Yay!

its not clear how it works does it do the same thing?

I have one and love fresh pineapple, but it doesn't love me unfortunately :( I have now donated my pineapple gadget to work...

I have something similar which, I love as pineapple is my favourite fruit and would very often be left to rot because I hated cutting it. Either that or I'd pay a lot more for a tub of ready prepared stuff!

You stick it in the top, adjusting the diameter of the ring size, then twizzle it round. Then you slice the slice! LOL...sorry that's not brilliantly explained but it's very neat and minimal waste :)

its not clear how it works does it do the same thing?

I love fresh Pineapple but dont buy it enough to justify spendin so much on somethin to cut it, I think just cuttin it up is a workout in itself :8855:

I love it and have one of the gadgets - but why does fresh pineapple make my mouth tingle and sore like a sherbert lemon does??? :eek:)

Does to me too MissyMoo!! Its supposed to be a natural antiseptic so thats probably why. One of my daughters wont eat it cos it makes her throat sore!

Jen3 thanks for the link, I eat pinapple everyday but i loath loath loath cutting them up, my fingers sting from all the juices, so i will be purchasing one of these.Thanks again xx

Oooh that's fun I want one! Saves buying ready prepared pineapple which is convenient but expensive :)

Although I do have the "tingly" problem with fresh pineapple :( sometimes its just a tingle sometimes its proper sore and my tongue goes all strange!

X

Back