Anyone like me????

friendlyface

Hi, I joined this week :wave_cry:and I am bowled over by the support everyone gives each other on this site.
While I'm in complete awe of everyone who has lost masses and masses of weight, what I'd really like to find is someone who suffers like me with the 'every fraction counts' issue. I've got just over a stone to lose - in advance of my 40th next year (don't know what happened there, I was 25 then I blinked!)- but I find it a nightmare to lose anything. Thank heavens my scales measure down to 2/10ths of a pound, I'd never see any difference!!!
I am, thanks to these pages, really motivated to lose this weight healthily by calorie counting, and I'd really like to have a 'buddy' or two to go through it with me!
Anyone else close to their last stone who needs a friendly gee-along?

NO Sorry I have a bit more to lose but I wish you all the best in your journey.

I read your thread title as 'Does anyone like me?'

I have a bit more than 1 stone to lose, sadly. Good luck with yours!

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm on day 4 and It's giving really bad headaches. I'll stick it out though. I came over from CD after having to finally bite the bullet and admit defeat lol.

What kids of food are you eating?

Well, there's salad. And then salad, and sometimes salad...:sign0137:
I'm trying to get the hang of some very low calorie meals, which at the moment consist of chicken or fish and HUGE salads (but I think as winter comes I'll have to start using cooked vegetables more, and find some low-cal hot food recipes).
Then I know if I have a higher calorie meal I can make up for it with the lower calorie meals so I don't think 'oh god I've blown it'. I also LOVE my wine so I'm trying to include that in my allowance. I think my problem has always been either trying to cut things out completely, and therefore bingeing horribly, or allowing one slip-up to be the excuse to stop the diet.
How are you finding the calorie counting?

I'm doing the national slimming centre diet. It's taking tablets along side calorie counting. I'm not hungry much at all. I'll show you 1st day diary it's amazing how much the calories add up when tbh normally I would eat at least three times the amount lol

Monday
Breakfast - Bran flakes 30g -89 cals
milk - from my allowance whatsever that is

Lunch - shape fuller for longer yogurt 75cals and grapes 16 cals

Dinner - baked potato 150 cals bakes beans 20 cals and cheese 190cals

snacks 3 carrs water crackers plain 45 cals if (tesco own) and one apple.

For dinner now I'm having like one opitta bread tesco value is 140 cals with baked beans 20 cals and 2 scrambled eggs with nothing added 190 cals

I hate salad and will avoid it at all costs lol

Well luckily I love salads - for the moment!!! I forgot about baked potatoes - I've just put a whole pack of them on my shopping list! What are the tablets you're taking? Are they helping?

I'm doing the national slimming centre diet. It's taking tablets along side calorie counting. I'm not hungry much at all. I'll show you 1st day diary it's amazing how much the calories add up when tbh normally I would eat at least three times the amount lol

Monday
Breakfast - Bran flakes 30g -89 cals
milk - from my allowance whatsever that is

Lunch - shape fuller for longer yogurt 75cals and grapes 16 cals

Dinner - baked potato 150 cals bakes beans 20 cals and cheese 190cals

snacks 3 carrs water crackers plain 45 cals if (tesco own) and one apple.

For dinner now I'm having like one opitta bread tesco value is 140 cals with baked beans 20 cals and 2 scrambled eggs with nothing added 190 cals

I hate salad and will avoid it at all costs lol

Hi Fuffa and Friendlyface.

I have a stone to lose, and have just come across here from JUDDD as I was having bad shaky spells! Not sure how many calories I should be eating though...

Fuff - your diet sounds great, I hate salad too, and veg, so always struggle with knowing what to eat. How many calories are you having a day?

I have had a stone to lose for the last 4 years, the most I ever lose is 6lb, but it soon creeps back on without me noticing! Tres annoying :(! (I did lose a stone last year but that was through 1 1/2-2 hours every day in the gym, and I so can't be bothered to do that again!! :eek: )

Nat
x

Hi Nat! Would definitely go with Fuffa's - as you would see from my diary I've not lost an ounce this week :cry: probably down to being a bit sloppy about counting calories! :break_diet: I've had this horrible stone (well a bit more !) to lose for yonks too, and I'm desperate to lose it! I'm going to see if I can get to one of the clinics Fuffa has used.
To calculate the calories I needed to lose weight I used this calculator:
Dieting calculator, diet aid, weight loss tool, total calories
Good luck and let us know how you're going x

Back