Anyone make SW friendly Ice cream?

bobbedazzler

And if you do - how?? lol

I don't have an ice-cream maker but would definitely be in the market for one if I could make SW syn-free ice cream in it.

Would just sticking a couple of fat free yogs in there work??

Or is there a way from scratch to do it ??

Thanks

x

i dont know about syn free ice cream but that would be good. iv found if i am craving some ice cream the skinny cow range is quite good at around 5syns each. :)

I did a post about this recently :)

2x tubs mullerlight

500g fromage frais

Sweetner

put into a freezer safe tub and whixk through the ice cream every 30 minutes to stop ice crystals until frozen :)

If you had a machine it would churn it for you so you don't get the crystals and then you just put it in the freezer when it's finished :)

Oooh thanks, I might try that one evening (hopefully I'll remember to keep whisking it)!

If it turns out nice I might invest in the ice cream maker so I can be making it whilst I'm at work!! Woohoooo!!

Ohhh fabby .... thanks very much Sonia!!

I'm just having my sugar free jelly, which is very nice and refreshing ..... but to think I can have ice cream with it too ....... suuuuperrrrb!

x

Ohhh fabby .... thanks very much Sonia!!

I'm just having my sugar free jelly, which is very nice and refreshing ..... but to think I can have ice cream with it too ....... suuuuperrrrb!

x

You are very welcome!
However, doesn't the thought of ice cream make you freezing in this weather? :D

hahaha - usually it would lol but not at the moment, its about 100 degrees in our office! (ok, ever so slight exaggeration there! lol).

x

got the ice cream maker from argos and make ice cream just about every night we all love it :) glad i bought one and best of all they are mostly free syn wise:D

I bought one from argos, theres one reduced to £15ish that i posted in a thread - not sure if they're still in stock mind!!

Its really good - id recommend one to anyone, i have a 10 year old brother who loves it aswell. You can just put mullers in on there own and its lovely!!

xx

I have one too, I put activa fat free in and it is seriously LUSH! nomnomnom!!!

its def worthwhile getting an ice cream maker, makes such a diff

youve put me in the mood for some now!

you can also mix an options sachet in with some fromage frais and sweetner if required for 2 syns

And do the ones made with yogs really resemble and taste like ice cream?? I mean really really?? x

in an ice cream maker yes-made by mixing by hand every half hr no

when i make it using fat free fromage frais it tastes creamier and more like ice cream, mullerlights taste more like frozen yogurt but i would say are more refreshing

Back