Anyone moved from VLCD to SW

Less Rotund One

Gold Member
Hi all, I normally post in W8 as that is the diet I am following - having previously lost weight with slimming world. My big problem to overcome was portion control and I am hoping that after 12 weeks on W8, I will have got that one sorted.

I am thinking about how to maintain my weight after I get to target and was wondering if anyone had ever used SW as a way to maintain their weight loss?

The one thing I can say about slimming world was that it completely fits into you life and as a way of ongoing eating, it would be perfect. I guess my fear is that it will not work as a follow on plan.

any advice most welcome.

Thanks all
LRO xx

Sorry i don't know how that would work as i have never followed a vlc diet. How does your diet work? Is it shakes and meal replacments?

yes - and a bit of food. You have 4 mealpacks each day and then one "normal" (although it not my normal) meal of protein and allowed veg.

I just want to find a way of maintaining once I lose my last 18lbs or so - thinking ahead clearly ;)

LRO xx

loads of people use sw as a maintainance program, what i suggest you do, before its too late(!) is to join your local sw class, you need to have 7lbs to loose and so you should do this 7lbs before target and then when you reach your target weight you can go to sw for free as a target member :D

you could continue doing w8 even once youve joined sw and just 'pretend' that your eating the sw way until you get to target. you will find that you will end up putting on wight when you start eating however this will quickly drop off so dont worry about it

Abigail, I do like you thinking in terms of joining with a little weight to go and then getting my free weigh in's etc.

I actually really enjoyed my slimming world classes and found them motivating (had a great consultant) but just could not handle the limitless portions!!

How do they decide what weight you should be then? I don't have long before I will be in healthy BMI range (I reckon when I lose another 5 lbs or so)

LRO x

your target weight can be anything at all. the only 'rules' they have is that you have at least 7lbs to your target and that your target weight is not what they deem as underweight (i think thats just really healthy bmi range and nothing under that) for me at 5'4" my target cannot be below 8stone4 ish.

i would definitly do that so that you have the support of a group and get all the upto date info for sw. if you dont you will be going it alone and wont get the suppot and motivaton you need to maintain.

you dont have to be 'overweight' to join sw either, you can join if your bmi is under 25 so dont worry about that. just as long as you have 7lbs to target then thats fine

Back