Anyone need a friend?

GMASusu so sad to hear about your sad losses. Good luck with your first target. I can't wait to read your diary and hear about your losses xx

I've yoyoed between 8st and 18st my entire adult life. I lose weight slowly and steadily but then something emotional hits me and healthy eating goes to pot. In the past 18 months my Dad died, my partner died and my friend died. I'm back up to 244lbs but ready to start again. I'm happy to lose 4lbs a month and intend to use a cross between calorie counting and slimming world. Slimming world the days I've time to cook, calorie counting on busy days.My first target is 219.9lbs by Oct when I'm going to Butlins with my 3 grandsons.Ultimately I need to develop easy strategies and habits to maintain my weight loss when I get there. I like the idea of the apple.

Oh so sorry to hear about all your family sorrows hun - I had an awful 2014 that way, but 2015 is going to be great for us both! I've lost 44lbs so far on SW since Jan, and if I can do it, you so can! All the best, Susie x

Thanks ladies. I feel like I'm turning a corner. I suspect lots of us know how to lose weight but don't know how to keep it off.

My first strategy is that I'm going to commit to weighing myself once every month for the rest of my life. I only weigh myself when I'm losing, never on the way up. I hope this commitment will at least limit any future gains.

Oh so sorry to hear about all your family sorrows hun - I had an awful 2014 that way, but 2015 is going to be great for us both! I've lost 44lbs so far on SW since Jan, and if I can do it, you so can! All the best, Susie x

44lbs since Jan is awesome.

Back