Anyone Not Eat Bread?

Miss_J

Hellooo,

I Was just wondering if anyone had stopped eating bread and if so what do u substitute it with as i love a good sarnie, not overly keen on wholemeal!

thanks x

Hellooo,

I Was just wondering if anyone had stopped eating bread and if so what do u substitute it with as i love a good sarnie, not overly keen on wholemeal!

thanks x

I agree about the unappetising nature of sliced wholemeal bread.. But... You can get some really really good wholemeal bread. The fresh uncut loafs from the co-op are really delicious as are the wholmeal baguettes from morrisons. If you combine some syns and healthy extra you can have some really nice thick delicious slices of bread.

If you want to keep off the bread, i fully understand. I have found myself munching on wholemeal pitta bread (co-op about 60p for more than you can eat before they go off), a short time in the oven/grill/microwave and cut them open, you can fill up with all kinds of fillings, or just have with your main meal. One wholemeal pitta bread equal healthy extra.

You can get used to the pitta breads, not very substantial though.

I didn't make a concious decision to give up bread but I'd rather use my HEb on porridge. . I occasionally have a roll with dinner and syn it but don't really miss sandwiches. . I do like wholemeal but I love granary (sadly syn'd).
I have leftovers from previous day's cooking, baked spud, salad, or mini SW quiche.

I use different products depending on my mood. Sometimes I use Melba toast slices (very nice and crunchy) or snack a jack jumbo pieces. There are also some lowish syn pita breads like asda own brand. Hope this helps. :)

I 'think' since beginning SW (5th March this year) the only bread (other than wholemeal) that I've had is 1 slice of melba toast and a soup roll at a wedding! I love white bread but would much rather use my syns on wine or chocolate (such healthy choices lol). The only bread that I REALLY miss is the herb and cheese bread from subway *sob*. I think after a few weeks you stop missing it..sort of the same with everything, I was a chinese fiend, maybe 2 or 3 per week. I've only had 1 since starting SW.

I don't really eat it often. The 400g loaf I choose to buy is hovis wholemeal, it tastes the best.
But I love wholemeal bread as toast :) only sandwhiches I really have is an occasional veggie sausage and egg buttie, using a wholemeal roll that's 60g. I'm sure there's a weight watchers white bread we can use as a hexb? Also the weight watchers petit pains I know we can have those and they're white, lovely too!

I agree about the unappetising nature of sliced wholemeal bread.. But... You can get some really really good wholemeal bread. The fresh uncut loafs from the co-op are really delicious as are the wholmeal baguettes from morrisons. If you combine some syns and healthy extra you can have some really nice thick delicious slices of bread.

If you want to keep off the bread, i fully understand. I have found myself munching on wholemeal pitta bread (co-op about 60p for more than you can eat before they go off), a short time in the oven/grill/microwave and cut them open, you can fill up with all kinds of fillings, or just have with your main meal. One wholemeal pitta bread equal healthy extra.

You can get used to the pitta breads, not very substantial though.

You know pittas freeze pretty well. I had a pack of those hovis 50/50 pitta pockets in the freezer at work (before sw days lol) and I took them out as I wanted them and they just tasted as normal

My daughter and I started slimmingworld a week and a half ago and we both agree it seems bread is not good aside from the 2 slices aday.Mouth wash !! I tried the weightwatchers bread who invented that miserable item to resemble bread ! ?

I 'think' since beginning SW (5th March this year) the only bread (other than wholemeal) that I've had is 1 slice of melba toast and a soup roll at a wedding! I love white bread but would much rather use my syns on wine or chocolate (such healthy choices lol). The only bread that I REALLY miss is the herb and cheese bread from subway *sob*. I think after a few weeks you stop missing it..sort of the same with everything, I was a chinese fiend, maybe 2 or 3 per week. I've only had 1 since starting SW.

Damn Subway. All they need to do is introduce a wholemeal roll to their lineup and they would get all us SW people flocking. The rest of the ingredients are all SW friendly, and play to the superfree with loads of veg, fresh cut meat and low cal mayo (though i would hold the mayo and put my own extra low).

In the US Subway have been very good at presenting themselves as a 'healthy fast food alternative', they have even taken up the Governments challenge of reducing their salt and sugar in their products. A Wholemeal roll, that's all it takes and the SW endorsement would follow i'm sure.

I loooove Subway's herb and cheese bread :(
I love bread in general, though I try to avoid it now I'm on SW cause with me I tend to find one leads to much more, and I prefer to save my syns for chocolate ;)

I used to love bread, sometimes having toast for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and beans on toast for dinner, its so easy to over eat it bit now i realise that it totally makes me bloat and i have 1 slice of wholemeal maybe once a week!

I don't miss it at all funnily enough so i don't really substitute anything for it!

I too am a bread addict so I have occasional bread for beans on toast and tha is all. I find I dont miss it that much as if I wanted it I could have it but rather use my syns for something else. (having said that someone at work had a white baggette the other day and I was watching every mouthful, lol I was like a crack addict I NEEDED bread but the feelings passed).

It is strange about not missing bread. I am the same. I prefer to use my HE on some cereal or crisp breads. I need the crunch factor.

I don't miss chocolate either (gasp!!)

I do miss shop bought humus, cheese, crisps and salad cream. Weird huh! The low fat or SW alternatives don't work for me.

I love nice bread, but have practically stopped eating it now. Normaly, through the week I send to use my HEb on cerials for breakfast.

Odd times on a weekend I've made SW burgers and used a wholemeal roll so I could count it as by HEb. It feels like such a treat!

I'd rather have my alpen bars for HEB as opposed to bread and anyways i don't really like wholemeal anyways and wouldn't use syns for white as one slice is never enough so nope i don't eat bread when i'm being "good".

It is strange about not missing bread. I am the same. I prefer to use my HE on some cereal or crisp breads. I need the crunch factor.

I don't miss chocolate either (gasp!!)

I do miss shop bought humus, cheese, crisps and salad cream. Weird huh! The low fat or SW alternatives don't work for me.

I do miss it, but i find just having it on rare occasions helps me. It's good that way, the psychology of SW means you can if you want to...

I don't really miss it but I do find lunches a bit of a pain without it. Cold meat salads are getting pretty boring and I think I'm tending towards over eating when I cook up anything more exciting as I always cool a decent meal at night.

Back