Anyone not eat on a DD?

zakcat

On a DD today, anyone not eat at all on these days? Its 1230 and I'm feeling really good.

Apart from hunger are there any downsides to not eating on your DDs?

No downsides if you can do it. Some say that the health benefits are increased...not sure regarding the weight loss...and i've spoken to some who find it easier not to eat at all but just drink water.

I just drink 3 or 4 cups of tea.

Personally for me it's far better than having the stress of worrying about how many cals is in stuff.

I just eat 3 meals and 1 treat on ups, and nothing on downs so there is literally no thinking or worrying. Hard to describe but it's almost freed me from all of the anxiety of dieting and I feel like a normal human being that's no longer controlled by food x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sounds good, beginning to get a noisy tummy now but going to try and get through it, generally I break my fast around 12 so have two meals, if I can even train myself to get it down to one that would be better. I try to look at the 500 cal as a max to have rather than a target so we'll see.

Sounds good, beginning to get a noisy tummy now but going to try and get through it, generally I break my fast around 12 so have two meals, if I can even train myself to get it down to one that would be better. I try to look at the 500 cal as a max to have rather than a target so we'll see.

Thats what I did, I stopped having breakfast for a while, then dinner, then lunch... it took a bit of time to get used to but I swear I'm less hungry than when I did eat :p Its almost like eating the wee small things stimulated my appetite.

Mmmmm I did it when I wa about 5 weeks in , I stopped bothering because I wasn't hungry, however after a week or 2 my weight started stalling bigtime, did a little search and found that other people had found the same thing (on another American forum not here ) they stopped eating their DD cals and started to stall, started to eat their DD cals again and weight loss picked up again and the same thing happened to me . Of course we all know that this is an individual diet so its up to you, my advice would be if its easier then do it see what happens, if you want to do it to try to boost your losses I wouldn't bother, no need to make DD s any harder than they need be, but of course if you find the day easier and your weight doesn't stall then no problem x

I don't eat until lunchtime, my DD consists of 2 150 cal meals (approx) and 150 cals of skimmed milk x

Mmmmm I did it when I wa about 5 weeks in , I stopped bothering because I wasn't hungry, however after a week or 2 my weight started stalling bigtime, did a little search and found that other people had found the same thing (on another American forum not here ) they stopped eating their DD cals and started to stall, started to eat their DD cals again and weight loss picked up again and the same thing happened to me . Of course we all know that this is an individual diet so its up to you, my advice would be if its easier then do it see what happens, if you want to do it to try to boost your losses I wouldn't bother, no need to make DD s any harder than they need be, but of course if you find the day easier and your weight doesn't stall then no problem x

Hmm thats kind of what I thought. I'm not looking for quick weight loss although I wouldn't turn it away if it came to visit:D. If I can do it I will as it makes things so much easier than fretting about what to eat, if I only manage to get myself down to 1 meal a day I'll consider that a success.

OK I caved :D, just eaten massive ham salad with new potatoes, yum yum. Good to know I can do the one meal a day, gives more flexibility.

I don't have the book because it comes from America and takes ages but I will have to order it at some stage. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I read somewhere here or on the other forum that Dr. J says that a full fast is the best way to go and more effective but know many of us find that quite hard so this is why he allows a certain amount on DDs.

Could anyone with the book tell me if this is in fact what he has said? I have tried to do a complete fast on DDs because of this and I found that I actually get less hungry if I don't have anything to eat. But assuming mine would be the same, if your results Bajoleth was worse with not eating that changes everything. :confused:

Yes that is true, the diet is based on fasting but allows for the toughness of fasting by giving a daily allowance. As I said however Juddd is a very individual diet and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another, as I stated above I did total fasting for about a month maybe longer I can't honestly remember, only because I found it easier not to eat, but my weight stalled. There is a huge Juddd following in America and I scoured their forums and came accross lots of people who had stopped eating and stalled, the advice was to reintroduce the cals and it worked ? As I said the only way you know for yourself is to experiment yourself to see how it affects 'you', I do a lot of that ;)

Thank you Bajoleth, that is very interesting. In that case, I think I will now go and have some sweetened Greek yogurt with some of my beloved added DaVinci syrup right now! :)

I started totally fasting too but lost weight quicker by eating on DDs.

Come to think of it my losses havent been great lately, but I did have other contributing factors.

It is a known fact that even eating small is enough to rev up your digestive system, thus burning more calories, and keeping your metabolic rate a little higher. But sme people may just benefit from not eating those extra calories. It really is down to your own body. Testing out the different methods is definitely the best way to go, see how you can put the plan into your life and which you feel is manageable to lose weight. There isn't really a strict wrong or right on juddd, thats the beauty of it.

I personally love the total fasting and I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of loss on the scales because pyschologically I find it quite tough to keep track of calories. the autism in me gets obsessed, and I end up going nuts and just giving up. I think I'd rather bolster my calories with a 300 calorie energy drink than go back to eating...if it came down to that.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

This is really interesting over the last month i have tried eating and not eating on my DD but as i havent weighed yet i have no idea whats working for me weight wise may have to go bk to weekly weighing so i cam experiment a bit

To be honest, I just take each DD as it comes. Some days I'm so hungry I could eat my own arms (and so I have some soup instead!), other days I really don't need food at all.

Perhaps I'm just contrary! ;)

P x

Back