Anyone not lose eating green?

Mummysturt

Ok, so i have been doing EE for 2 weeks, first week +1.5, second week +0.5. Now i do have little meat and lots of pasta and rice. So after speaking to my consultant we decided to continue with EE but to cut out all pasta and rice, and limit potatoes.
Has anyone else struggled to lose on Green or by eating too much carbs?
Hope someone else has been through the same as it just feels as though my body is fighting me!!!
I had a baby 12 weeks ago so i know it may be harder for a while but when i have done green before i lost little.

Pasta seems to make me put weight on, as a result I measure it and only eat it maybe twice a week at most. It might be interesting for you to pour the amount of pasta/rice etc you would usually cook for yourself and then weigh it to see how much you are actually eating? The packets generally suggest 75g per person, I try and go with maybe 50g or less and bulk it out with some extra veg.
I think with all diets (SW no exception) it's a case of trial and error at the start to find out what works for you.

I think with EE you just need to make sure you eat a 1/3 of your meal as superfree food. I lost 3 stone by doing mainly green initially. It slowed down a bit over the years but I think as long as you include lots of speed foods like fruit and veg then it will work the same as the other plans. I don't do the EE plan. I like to have my 4 HEs.

I struggle with carbs and find that my losses are either slow, or non-existent.
I now stick to around 3 EE days and 4 Red days and at the moment that seems to be working for me.

I struggle with green days too, but EE and red I'm ok with. I do mostly EE with a couple red days thrown in. But then I don't eat a whole lot of pasta or rice. maybe once a week, if I'm having a curry (rice) or spaghetti bolognese or something. I also limit my bread because that seems to stay on me too (I have wholegrain crackerbread instead these days as that doesn't have the same effect as the actual bread).

I'm not on EE but i do tend to struggle to lose if i have too many green days. I tend to limit myself to one or two green days and have the rest as red - i still have carbs but not anywhere near as many and i find the weight loss is better.

I usually do green days, i eat lots of jacket potatoes with quorn, any type of quorn, sausages, burgers, the ready meals they are fantastic really filling and extremely low syns.

I love Green/EE but it really slows down my losses, you really need to have the 1/3 superfree and for me I need it even on Green. The red plan gives me my best losses, especially if I mix in a couple of E/E days, my body seems to get tricked out of holding onto the carbs if I have red days in between green ones! Also on green you need to drink a lot of water! xx

I can't see the benefit of doing EE if you cut out rice, pasta & potatoes? Might as well do reds, and have all your HEs. Maybe I'm missing somehting...it's been a long day! lol
Are you making sure you get your 1/3 Super Free, and not going over your syns? Apart from two or the EE days a few months ago, I've been 100% green for over two years, and I'm three stone down.

I find that doing one day on green and the rest on red is better for me. The last time I did green I put weight on, so the consultant suggested I went back on to red, and I starting losing again.

I'm the opposite I think as I do mostly green and seem to have good losses, but when I do more reds I don't seem to lose as much and don't feel as full.

Wow Meli, your weight loss and totally inspired me just seeing all those losses & that lush green 4 stone sticker lol, well done!! I was also worrying that I hear people say green days make them gain weight, but if you say it works for you then I'll give it a pop. I do find if I have green days at the beginning of the week then a couple of reds near the end I do much better. Also, as with any of the plans, if I drink lots of water I seem to loose much more :) good luck

Thanks Chunkee for your comments and rep :) We are all different and our body reacts to food in different ways, so what may work for some may not work for others, so it's all about experimenting and sticking to plan. Good luck!

I'm the same. When I first did SW years ago, I could never do Green days and I felt like I never lost that much weight on them but now I understand my body a bit better. I'd say stick to EE because sometimes you do want the odd potato or a bit of pasta but just because it's free doesn't mean you have to eat plates full of it. Maybe just balance it out with plenty of superfrees :)

Generally it's thought that it is harder to lose weight eating simple carbohydrates like rice, pasta and potatoes - they are ok to eat but it is better not to go overboard with them.

Back