Anyone not lose in their first week :(((((

nessy6976

Is their anyone out their who took a few weeks for their weight loss to get going? I started Sunday and feel I've really stuck to it, got on the scales this morning and nothing! Pretty gutted really :((
Here's a typical if anyone could comment if I'm going wrong anywhere I would really appreciate it.
2 Shredded Wheat H a
250 ml Semi Milk H b
Apple
Jacket Potato with Cottage Cheese and Pineapple
Green Salad
Gammon
Egg
Beans
Slimming World Chips
Syns
Salad Cream 3
Cup a soup 5

Am I taking the "eat as much as you like" too far?
Thank you xxx

One thing I got picked up on was not having 1/3 super free with EVERY meal. Are you managing this? Also how are you making the SW chips? Are you using frylight? Is the cottage cheese virtually fat free (if not it's not a free food).

If you have processed meats or cured meats (gammon) they can have a lot if salt, as can cup a soups and this may make you retain water.

There are a variety of reasons and on the surface your menu looks ok so there is a need to dig deeper. Portion size is still
important. Although we don't weigh or measure (except for HEX) the key is to stop when you are full, not stuffed. As time goes on the amount of lean protein and good carbs you eat naturally curbs this and the amount you need to reach that comfortable 'full' becomes less.

Other things like hormones can play a part so stick with it and give it another week where you are 100% to judge :)

Is their anyone out their who took a few weeks for their weight loss to get going? I started Sunday and feel I've really stuck to it, got on the scales this morning and nothing! Pretty gutted really :((
Here's a typical if anyone could comment if I'm going wrong anywhere I would really appreciate it.
2 Shredded Wheat H a
250 ml Semi Milk H b
Apple
Jacket Potato with Cottage Cheese and Pineapple
Green Salad
Gammon
Egg
Beans
Slimming World Chips
Syns
Salad Cream 3
Cup a soup 5

Am I taking the "eat as much as you like" too far?
Thank you xxx

The only thing you have done wrong is step on scales before your official weigh in day. Our weights do naturally go up and down from day to day - there's a reason SW recommend weekly weigh in!

Cottage cheese with pineapple isnt free (other flovours are) though that wouldnt make much difference. Definitely the lack of superfree with your evening meal wont help

But dont despair - you've still got today, tomorrow and Sunday - thats nearly half a week left so you could still lose

The only thing you have done wrong is step on scales before your official weigh in day. Our weights do naturally go up and down from day to day - there's a reason SW recommend weekly weigh in!

Ah yes...and this. Totally missed this point because you said first week. Your first week isn't over yet. Hang on in and update us Sunday!

Definitely think you need more superfree. The cottage cheese with pineapple would be between 0.5 and 2.5 syns per 100g depending on the type. Try and keep off the scales till Sunday!! I know it's difficult. I had to get rid of mine because I was constantly on and off them and was mentally doing me no good so now the only time I get weighed is at group! Good luck for the rest of your week! Not everyone has a big loss their first week, with some people it is on their second and others no big first loss at all as they had a healthy diet to begin with!

Without checking in my book, I think it's 1 1/2 shredded wheat for a B choice.
Nothing wrong with the amount you're eating, in fact you could have more free and superfree!

Cottage cheese with pineapple isnt free (other flovours are) though that wouldnt make much difference. Definitely the lack of superfree with your evening meal wont help But dont despair - you've still got today, tomorrow and Sunday - thats nearly half a week left so you could still lose

Aldi cottage cheese with pineapple is free x

This is the third time I've done SW (definitely not going to pile the weight back on this time!) and each first week has been different. I had followed the plan to the letter each time. The first time I did it I lost an amazing 5lb the first week but the second time I did it, I PUT ON 1lb!!! I couldn't believe it, as I'd stuck to it religiously. I was gutted but, the following week, I lost 4lb so it's definitely worth sticking it out. This time, the FINAL time, I lost 4lb at the end of the first week. As someone else said, it's worth waiting for the official weigh-in at the end of a full week, on the same set of scales. Good luck.

Kathy x

Aldi cottage cheese with pineapple is free x

Well I never knew that!! I wonder why as I assumed the reason for the syns was because the pineapple is processed like the tinned stuff

Hey, when i joined first time around last year i didn't lose anything on my first week. I was gutted because everyone else was having huge losses on their first week.... 2nd week I dropped a massive 6.5lbs! Maybe your body needs to adjust to the plan, give it time :) Hope WI went okay x

Back