Anyone on SW with Crohns?

lsf666

Watch this space...
Hi

I've only just started and wondered if anyone else has Crohns and is on SW???

It's been ok so even though I'm doing EE

Lisa

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi

I've only just started and wondered if anyone else has Crohns and is on SW???

It's been ok so even though I'm doing EE

Lisa

I am sure you are not alone and that after the weekend, when it is always quieter here, someone will answer you.

I suffer from diverticlosis and have found that SW suits me so well.............not one attack in over a year.................thank you SW !!!

Thanks for the reply - I guess I'll watch his space...

Sorry. Meant to say well done on the no attacks for so long!!!

I've been ok so far but was worried about having so much fresh fruit :-|

Hi. I thought I'd bump this as I was told that the weekend was quiet for responses.

Thanks x

sorry have been missing in action for a while, i have crohns and do ee (to and extent) i have to spread my superfree during the day and there are times when i just cant eat any veg when its bad or active you are more than welcome to ask me any questions

have had crons for 15 years and been doing sw on and off for 8 (3yrs this time)

Ooh - a response :bliss:

Thank you x

I've officially had Crohns for 6 years but unofficially longer (it was missdiagnosed for years!)

I am managing ok with the superfree so far (5 weeks in) but that was what I was worried about. I can't handle berries though - they really are Super Speedy with me!!!!! I have cut bread out as I prefer cereal as my HEB and I think that helps too.

I am lucky to not have many flare ups since I had my resection 6 years ago but am taking Quertran daily to slow "things" down!

Glad to find a fellow Crohnie on here :)

unfortunately questran did not work, still not slow about 4 times a day lol, i had a resection 14 years ago, had it unofficially 18 years (since 17 gulp!!!) diagnosed 1998. I take it as it comes to be honest. i cant handle most raw veg or salad.... coming off slowly but surely....
i have colonoscopy again on tuesday what fun!!!! where about in essex are you? i am originally from gidea park but live up in wakefield now.

I've been lucky compared to most I think.

PM me if you like as its harder to talk about specifics on here!

Years ago when I did SW the first time round, I used to go with a friend of mine who had Crohns. She lost weight really well and didn't have any problems as such. She did mainly green days as she was a vegetarian and EE hadn't been invented at that time!

Good luck with the weight loss and managing your Crohns through it! :)

i mainly stick to it now because it keeps my crohns in check - any weightloss is a bonus for me

I'm finding it's made my Crohns better too. I are a lot of veg before so that was ok but it's the fruit I have to be careful with.

Back