anyone plateau'd because of Diet Coke? or similar?

Hiya,

There's a difference between pepsi max and diet coke. It's better to drink coke zero as that is the same as pepsi max and doesn't contain some of the bad stuff that's in diet coke.

Hope that helps, somehow :) Just wanted to point out the difference,

xx
Ive just spent ages looking for the ingredients online, before realising that I could just get them off the tesco website :8855:
What is it thats bad? Citric acid? Im really trying to get my head round this but im very confused. The only one out of this list that doesnt seem to have citric acid is the Coke Zero. xx

Coke Zero:
Carbonated Water, Colour (Caramel E150d), Phosphoric Acid, Sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame K), Flavourings (including Caffeine), Acidity Regulator (E331), Contains a source of Phenylalanine

Diet Coke:
Carbonated Water, Colour (Caramel E150d), Sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame K), Flavourings (including Caffeine), Phosphoric Acid, Citric Acid, Preservative (E211), Contains a source of Phenylalanine

Pepsi Max:
Carbonated Water, Colour (Caramel E150d), Sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame K), Phosphoric Acid, Flavourings (Including Caffeine), Preservative (Sodium Benzoate), Citric Acid

Diet Pepsi:

Carbonated Water, Colour (Caramel E150d), Flavourings (Including Caffeine), Phosphoric Acid, Sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame K), Acidity Regulator (Sodium Citrate), Preservative (Sodium Benzoate), Citric Acid

Hmm.. seen as the only difference of Coke Zero to the others was E331 I googled it.. It is Sodium Citrate, which wiki tells me is a salt of citric acid.

Now I really am confused!! :doh: :lemon:

Ok.. now I am confused too! I thought it didn't have citric acid ... Wow. Hahaha... right. Okay. I'm sorry to have caused you so much work, I was pretty sure of my case here...

x

lol.. no no dont worry about me.. im bored out of my chubby little mind here, otherwise I wouldnt have bothered looking it up.

It just all seems so confusing lol.

I wonder if someone with a chemistry brain could explain the difference between sodium citrate and citric acid, maybe thats it. lol.

Note to self.. must get a life.

Hahaha. You're funny.. and weird in a funny way :) I like weird funny people :)

Last I heard they sell lives on ebay ;-)

*cough*

But yes, I too am curious about the differences..

xx

:8855:
I would sell my soul but theres two problems there..
1.. no one would want it
2.. ebay have banned that now

I dunno.. im just sarcastic I guess, and bored.. verrry bored.
Came up to bed to watch black hawk down with hubby.. who is snoring fast asleep next to me. Men eh!!

If anyone out there does understand this citric acid business do let me know though, cos its bugging me now! :p

xx

The reason why citric acid can ruin the diet, from a biochemical point of view, is because citric acid is useful in the form of citrate in the citric acid cycle which is basically where you get alot of your energy from. Biochemically there is a big difference between citric acid and sodium citrate. Citric acid is an acid and sodium citrate is an alkaline therefore they do not follow the same metabolic pathways. Long story short, sodium citrate cheats the body's metabolism so it doesn't have as big an effect as citric acid would. It's the same reasoning that's applied to cheat the body's metabolism i.e. sugar and aspartame sweetners, they are both sweet but very different.

Yey!! Thats fab. Thank you.
So.. Coke Zero it is then!:drool: xx

Back