Anyone remember SW in the olden days?

Yep, absodoodley! if you want to pep it up syn free, add a stockpot or crumble an oxo in to make it extra rich, and a dash of light soy and worcester sauce. If you have them spare, a couple of tinned plum toms drained of juice and chopped up goes nice in it too!

does anyone remember the biscuits, digestives and slym squares (they were chocolate) We used to call them slime squares ;)

oh yes the days of the westlers tinned burgers.....
i would eat a whole tin full with plate load of veggies.
and corned beef was food of the gods to me!!!!
why is cornbeef not free now, when it was then????
have i missed something?

I remember too years ago doing red only days, still do lol
But corned beef ,yum yum, used to eat it by the tin full, didnt loose much when I did, not surprising when you think of all the fat in it. Still cant get my head around EE as it feels like cheating. Being doing red days for ever , when i am on the plan that is. This time it will be for good. Too old now to keep my weight yo yoing all the time. Cant be good for me. Oh to be slender in my next life.

fruit was sinned and Muller light. . Then unsinned. Then tinned stuff like old oak hot dogs was free.Then asda chilled curry was free but if it was a red day you sinned rice,if it was a agreen day you sinned the meat or used up your 2 hexbs for it. Corned beef quiche was lush.But its fab having spag bol with meat and pasta . pea and ham soup,curry and rice all free now.

This thread has really made me laugh!!! I can't believe some of that stuff was free food!!!

Got me thinking though, in ten years time will there be a thread on here saying 'can you believe supernoodles etc etc used to be free' lol.

I first joined in 2002, and still have my little purple weigh in book, plus all the others every time I rejoined.
I remember the macaroni cheese and corned beef being free, and certainly not that much stress being put on veg.
I found the red and green so hard to follow and maintain as I love having all... that's why I love EE and I wish they had introduced it then... I would have been on target for years instead of starting and stopping so many times!

When i first joined 1994 i think, it was all about the red plan, green was seldom mentioned and you had to buy the book seperately. I used to have Granny Ann's as a healthy B. They were like an oversized digestive biscuit you bought in holland and barretts.

I had my best weight loss ever then 5 stones in 8 months. Put it all back on though.

Westlers burgers!!! OMG I had forgotten those, smelled like dog food but tasted really nice!!!!!!!!!

I lost 3 and a half stone on a diet of canned food... no wonder it all went back on!!! xx

It may be that the stuff they put into the burgers and corned beef has changed? or maybe it might still work lol!! is anyone going to try it? from the plan years ago and see if it still works lol

Couldn't think of anything worse to eat than that rank tinned maccaroni cheese! Yack!!!

I used to live on corned beef quiche, really was my savour, and sooooo LUSH, miss my tinned meatballs and burgers in gravy too,
and im sure there used to be a free spag bolo in a tin too,
and ravioli.
And I lost 5 st doing it the old way all those years ago *sigh*

Oooh yes, I remember the Heinz maraconi cheese being free, used to love it! And the tinned chili con carne from M&S.

What were the little digestives (smaller than 'normal' ones, with a kind of coconut taste). I used to like those. Mmm.
My lunch was a tin of heinz macaroni cheese every day too.

Weren't bananas sinned as well?

Oh - and that wasn't a typo. There were SINs then, (not SYNs) weren't they(??) Maybe it's my memory playing tricks on me.

Old slimming world sounds ace lol! Unlimited macaroni cheese sounds good to me, best diet ever perhaps.

Hate corned beef though bleh, i have a wierd thing where if I don't like the texture of food I can't eat it - to this day I still fear bananas, and custard for that reason lol!

It does seem funny that it worked back then though, the recipes probably havn't changed a huge amount. I can totally imagine in a few years them synning pastansauce, supernoodles and other such convenience foods - like my beloved asda chickpea dahl lol! Obviously its not good to live solely on them but they are great for lunch at work, or a speedy dinner, without them I am sure I would find this diet soooo much harder!

X

Back