Anyone starting new this month?

OMG Dinosour - that's absolutely brilliant!! I can't imagine that I'll lose anything like 18lbs, but I think it's going to be a pretty good loss all the same - I feel slimmer already (don't look it mind, but just feel slimmer around my waist)!

Ooh - I'm so excited for you!! Good luck on your 2nd week on LL, and keep up the updates..

I have had a bit of an incident with the chicken soup - what was probably going to be my staple has become something I simply cannot stand - I had 2 chicken soups as one meal had to to get my 4 packs in), and all I can taste and smell - 2 days later - is still that chicken soup... Horrible!!!

Anyway, I'll be avoiding that one for a week or two I think!

I've decided that on Tuesday I'm going to get more than the 28 packs, so that I have (a) spares to leave at work, etc, and (b) more variety - now I'm into the last couple of days this week, I only have a few choices left, and am not loving the idea of them... So a few more of the ones I like are in order I think!

I used to find the chicken soup revolting, but leave it a while and try again. For me it was improved with jalapeno tabasco sauce and a bit of salt.

Thanks for the lovely comments :) I doubt my second week will be anywhere near as good if the scales are anything to go by, I last weighed myself on Friday morning at home and seem to have only lost a pound since then and I have followed the diet to the letter so who knows, fingers crossed my home scales are broken, I will find out on Tuesday when I do a drop in session.

Lindsay fingers crossed you can get back to eating the chicken soup as I find it one of the better choices :) but I do find the soups seem to have a bit of an after taste, it is a means to an end though.

Stu

slendablenda what was the secret to you losing over a stone a month? how much water did you drink etc?

Any tips greatly received :D

Just stick to the program hun, drink your water, do gentle excercise. You should loose approx 3lb a week to get the a stone a month, but each person is different some have big losses then small, some average out about the same all along. Each body reacts slightly differently. But if you follow the program you will shift the pounds!!

Re the soups, you will notice your tastes change as the weeks go by, I loved tomato to start, then went off it, and then loved it again. It seems to have happened to me with most of the flavours. Tabasco sauce helps and its really addictive - I have loads now. Also a small sprinkle of salt and loads of cracked black pepper. You can also add a sprinkle of the savoury drink inthe soups, it really does intensify the flavour.

Good Luck ladies, it is the start of a wonderful new life!

Jez
xx

Hi Dinosore

No secrets, I just followed the plan, I had all my packs, didn't have any bars or do anything like muffins or papadams with them.
I did drink 3.5 -4 litres of water every day as well as black coffee, little and often.I also had 2 mugs of LL savoury drinks.
I used 1 tub of LL water flavourings per week. I only used it twice a week - had it in all my water on WI day, didn't have anything after 3pm on that day, WI was at about 6.30. I also had it in all my water on mid-week day.(helps with going to the loo). I was lucky I didn't need any laxatives during the 10months I was on abstinence.
Didn't weigh myself at all in between.
I didn't have any HUGE losses, but consistent, steady, week by week. Had a couple of stay the same week, but it all came off in the end.
I've been maintaining for 8 months now.
Went to a BBQ tonight. There was still someone there who didn't recognise me.
Still gives me a thrill, even now.
Ididn't do any exercise, but I am active and became more so as the weight decreased.
Good luck, stick with it. You can't fail. xx

It's my first weigh in tomorrow night, and although I've had you guys, I'm feeling very much like I need the support of the group.. I had a tomato soup last night, which I just couldn't stomach.. I know, I'm meant to have 4 packs a day, but I just couldn't. I'd had 3 tho, so that will have to have done for yesterday..

Finding it hard whilst I'm at home this weekend - nothing to do, so I feel like finding something to pick at. But I know it's all in my head because I haven't felt even a bit hungry.

Finding it hard whilst I'm at home this weekend - nothing to do, so I feel like finding something to pick at. But I know it's all in my head because I haven't felt even a bit hungry.

I know the feeling, I was silly and weighed myself again this morning hoping for a loss so I would feel better and give myself some motivation, It looks like I didn't lose anything and it's all I can do not to go to the shops! Even though I am not really hungry.

Good Luck with the weigh in!

HI

Hello,

Just read all your posts ~ I have my first meeting tonight and am hoping to lose a few stones...I failed 2 yrs ago after 6 weeks of hard work, but I have to do it this time because I am tired of being fat! I want my old self back and I want to feel good about myself!

Good luck everyone...I will keep posting. xx

Hi ladies & gentlemen

First week weigh in...... 10.1lbs off!! Yay! Woo hoo!

Dinosaur - how are you getting on?

LondonGirl & Orange too :)

x

Hi :) First Weigh in I lost 7 1/2 lbs, which I think is really good considering my starting weight. But I am finding it really difficult to get the packs down. I am not hungry at all and my stomach just seems full. The flavours are just not nice....I am really trying hard for four packs a day but its just not happening. Any ideas????
Well done everyone else on your loss :)
xx

Hi LG et al
Well done you! What was your starting weight, height & goal weight?

I know where you're coming from - a couple of times the packs have been a real struggle, but I'm having 1 of the bars each day which is more like a snack, and have switched to just the shakes (no soups), which I either have as hot chocolate or ice ice cold like a smoothie... Can't get them down me any other way. Oh, and I have porridge for breakfast...

Hi, Hope you all don't mind me butting in. I started last week , so first weigh in last night. Lost nine pounds :D. Can't believe how well its is going. Not hungry and full of energy. My group all seem really nice so hopefully the counselling will help as I am a real addict.

Hi ladies & gentlemen

First week weigh in...... 10.1lbs off!! Yay! Woo hoo!

Dinosaur - how are you getting on?

x

Well done you!!!! thats a great start, I am doing ok, but the soups are starting to drag I have to say, you said to LG that you have porridge and a bar each day?? I got told I could only have either a bar or porridge once a day? are you saying you have one of each? :confused: or have I misunderstood what I was told.

I have my weigh in on saturday morning so fingers crossed for a good loss :D

Hi, Hope you all don't mind me butting in. I started last week , so first weigh in last night. Lost nine pounds :D. Can't believe how well its is going. Not hungry and full of energy. My group all seem really nice so hopefully the counselling will help as I am a real addict.

Well done thats a GREAT start keep up the good work :)

Well done you!!!! thats a great start, I am doing ok, but the soups are starting to drag I have to say, you said to LG that you have porridge and a bar each day?? I got told I could only have either a bar or porridge once a day? are you saying you have one of each? :confused: or have I misunderstood what I was told.

I have my weigh in on saturday morning so fingers crossed for a good loss :D

I wasn't told either or ~ we were told we can have both..:confused:

So far ( only day 2 ), I haven't had porridge or a bar anyway, but will ask my counsellor.

I have found the soups to be ok for now, and, as my counsellor said the bars were usually offered only after Ketosis had kicked in, I decided not to have them until I am sure I have reached that stage. However, she said there will be no difference in weight loss should we want bars right away. Porridge too. I just haven't fancied the porridge yet.

Well done so far all you slim jims!!! :)

Hadn't heard that - only restriction was that I couldn't have the bars for the first 4 days... All going ok, still in ketosis and registering (small) losses every day.. First week I lost 10lbs, this week 3 days in I've only lost 2lbs so far - but hey, on other diets I'd be lucky to lose 2lbs in a week!

Hadn't heard that - only restriction was that I couldn't have the bars for the first 4 days... All going ok, still in ketosis and registering (small) losses every day.. First week I lost 10lbs, this week 3 days in I've only lost 2lbs so far - but hey, on other diets I'd be lucky to lose 2lbs in a week!

You're doing great Lindsay..that's 2 pounds away from one stone!!!!

Well done!!!! :)

Hi everyone

Well I had a good weigh in today, I lost 8 pounds!! So I am over the moon! Now I just need to get some goals down on paper :)

Stu

Week 1 - 18 pounds
week 2 - 8 pounds

wow stu that is amazing!! almost 2 stones done already, how wonderful go you!

Back