Anyone still doing kettlebells?

Mamacandoit

I've just started again after a long pause.
im doing Lauren Brooks Strong like A Mother ... With a title like that how could I resist??

Just about to start (again). Glad to have company :)

I have a kettlebell and some books dvd, but haven't done anything yet, and i've had them for a few yrs! :rolleyes: like, most things, i buy them with all good intentions, and then ...nothing :D

note to self, must make more effort!

Give it a go Denn - there are amazing I can feel my shape improving!

i might just do that :)...what size kettlebell do you have i only bought a 6kg one i think....am a bit concerned i may swing up and smash the ceiling too :D
Have found it all out in my tidying, may give it a try :)

Im doing KB. Got myself a massive 16 kg KB on Black Friday. Lol - dont have to tell you that after first time my eyrballs and hair were in pain too but its all sweet pain of achivment.

Doing only 50 swings a day as this thing is really heavy. Some point soon will move to 75.

Okay, so day 3 with 500 swings done. Feeling ok, physically. Of course I want to do 1k swings per day to meet the chalenge, but lets leave that for later.

7 more days to go to complete the pledge.

I got to a 1 hour kettlecise class once and hopefully 2x week :)

Okay, so the 10,000 swings challenge (there are 2, one is over a month and the other is in 10 days) that I went for - I had to down-adjust it to 5000 swings in 10 days, and I did it.

500 swings on most days, last day was a whopping 1075 swings in total. The 4.5kg bell was not so light anymore after that.

Over the course of the 10 days, some days I got up to 16kg for the sets of 10 reps, then the weight goes down as the reps go up.

I'm gonna try again - scheduling in 10-day slots seems easier for me.

Watch this space :)

Really ? Well done you =) I never got that far that to start and finish a challenge. Right now I have 16 kg KB and I stated by doing 50 swings a day , now moved up to 100. Goal would be 500 a day but I dont want to rush it - I remember too well how painful it was when I did 300 swing at very first day after I got 16 kg one and left 4 kg a side.

Now when you have finish you challenge- can you see difference in your body too ? They say KB should really give you nice shape. Thats why I got it- I hope it will help me with my arms and helps me to tone up

Thanks. :)

The 16kg bell is a bit of a beast for me, but "someone somewhere" wrote that the kettlebells should be 1/3 of the user's body weight. Generally in most articles or websites they say women should start with a 6 or a 8. So for someone to say the 1/3 of body weight seems a bit off, and it is the first time that i have heard it, and I am keeping an open mind about it in all ways - there was no specificity to gender... anyway, my point is, if I need a KB that is 1/3 of my weight, I need more than 16kg .... and they can "GO. AWAY".

Well done you for the big swings. Keep them coming. :)

As for whether I see a difference - Yes. I have definitely got stronger and am losing "weight" around the middle. But I am also watching my Macros. What I eat is bland as heck. Boiled chicken/turkey breasts, with a small serving of a mix of lentils/quinoa/white rice, spinach, seasoned with some soya sauce.

My "diet" has become a bit like those body builders - I do cook in batches and pack them into portions and freeze them, and I do eat them.

On one of those weight loss reality TV shows, one of those Aussie doctors/dietitians said that the natural volume of your stomach - by this I mean the place where the food goes to for digestion, not the "belly" - is the size of your 2 fists put together. I think of it like when you try to hit a volleyball, how you put both fists together? Anyway, I am small, so, so are my hands, and so naturally my stomach would be. With that as a guide I buy the food tubs in a similar size, and pack my meals with those. And if I "feel" hungry, I drink water first.

This might be just me... I am a lot more driven this time and so I don't feel the desire to stray so much. Sometimes I think people have to find or come up with their own reason or purpose to keep to something.

I honestly did the challenge as a bit of a laugh, because I thought I would not be able to finish it. Though I also know that if I don't finish it I have just proven yet again that I am a lazy, fat, hypocrite.

I did nothing on Day 9 so by Day 10 I was honestly tempted to give up, but I also knew that I still could, had the chance, and the choice, to do better. So I brabbed my 4.5 and did 5 set of 100, then it was bit by bit over Sunday evening, I "slayed the dragon" and completed the challenge.

I also have a diary so I know on which day I did what. I haven't the time to wait for the PC to boot up and I have lots of typos on the phone, so I do it oldschool with pen and paper.

Last edited:
Back