Puddings Anyone tried freezing fat free natural yogurt?

clare85

Iv just mixed fat free natural yogurt, coffee, vanilla essence and sweetener and put in freezer in the hope it resembles sort of caffe latte ice cream?

I make ice-cream...two mullers, ff fromage frais, frozen berries and sweetener. Whisk every 20 mins--it's ready after an hour. It freezes very hard overnight though (when there is any left!) so I just pop it in the microwave.

I did this after realising that a tub of ben and jerries is 64 syns...ouch!

Am working up to trying a toffee/chocolate version.

I prefer using the total 0% Greek yogurt. I made a cherry Bakewell frozen yogurt with a 500g tub of total, three capfuls of almond extract, 1 capful of vanilla extract and 4 heaped tbsp sweetener. Then just before it was completely done, I stirred in a punnet of cherries, stoned and halved. It was seriously good! However, if I'm feeling lazy I just stick a couple of muller lights in the ice cream maker so I presume natural yogurt would be roughly the same.
X

I made a toffee crunch ice-cream before [like above but with toffee mullers and a few crushed malteasers] - I only stirred it a few times then went to bed n left it... but it was totally solid the next day :( it's still in there - I should really try to defrost it a bit I suppose and get it used up!

Does other peep's attempts always freeze solid? Unless you are able to stay in the house and remember to stir it every half hour?!? I was gona buy an ice-cream maker but they are too dear for all I would use it.

Pinky x

That sounds nice. I've got an ice cream maker but even if I churn it in that until it's perfect and then put it in the freezer it still goes hard. I think it's because the mullers are quite thin. If you leave it out for a bit it goes nice and soft again
X

Back