anyone tried hypotherapy?

puddingtoast

I've never considered trying hypnotherapy(i generally consider that sort of stuff hooey) but my CDC practises it as a side business.

I had a stressful week and it was really good to be on the CD so i had to find another outlet for the stress, and i thought maybe hypnotherapy would be another useful tool?

Any input? I'm quite cynical and have problems relaxing (i'm rubbish at yoga and sitting still is generally impossible) so i doubt i'm the ideal candidate?

Hi

I had it years ago for something else and am thinking of going back to it for motivation. Your susceptibility has nothing to do with your ability to relax or switch off so don't rule it out based on your in ability to do yoga (which by the way can takes weeks to get into - it teaches you to relax over time).

I would suggest though you use a properly accredited therapist (there are ones out there who call themselves hypnotherapists after doing an online course). Also ask them for their experience in dealing with the area you want to address with details of success rates etc.

Good luck!

I've got the Paul McKenna one and he does work ... my problem is I keep "forgetting" to listen to it every day... doh!

Back