My Diary - The Trials And Tribulations of a Biscuit Fiend!!

cln77

Well, I've made it to 10.00am without going to the cupboard for the biscuit tin, I usually have one ( or two or three) with my cup of tea at 06.30 so I'm feeling rather pleased with myself lol!

I've decided to follow a menu from the SW mag to try and mix things up a bit. Whenever I start back on plan I always cook and eat the same things...fruit and yogurt for breakfast, couple of alpen light bars as snacks, and a mugshot for lunch, then by 3.30 I'm so desperate for something substantial to eat that I end up bingeing on anything I can get my hands on! As I'm writing this I can't believe it hasn't clicked before that this is part of my problem!

So I've just had an SW style bacon sandwich and it was lovely! Later I'm going to make an omelette for lunch which will hopefully see me through til dinner time and if I need a snack I'll have some fruit. Hmmm all sounds a bit easier said than done but I'm going to try try try!

Another problem for me is that I comfort eat. If I have a stressful day with the kids ( 3 girls aged 6, 4 and 4 months :)), I'll console myself with biscuits or chocolate and then ring my hubby and ask him to pick up a bottle of wine on his way home knowing full well he'll bring crisps and other treats home too! I need to find another outlet for my stress, maybe I can try doing a job that needs doing if I feel the urge to stuff, like cleaning out a kitchen cupboard or organising my paperwork?

Keeping busy will be the key I think and I know if I can make it through today with a " clean sheet" I"ll feel amazing tonight when I get into bed.

Must remember as my mum always says "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"!

If biscuits are your main problem dont buy them if they are not in the house you cant have them . If it is like my excuse i always said i had to buy things for the kids and 9 out of 10 times i would eat them so i now buy things i dont like but they do that way i am not tempted to eat them.
I feel for you with the stress due to kids as i know what thats like i had 5 girls 3 of them in 3 years and its hard not to turn to food for comfort.
I think your right with the keeping busy by the time youve finished the cupboard you will have forgotton about the food.

Your mum is right arent they always annoyingly so sometimes. Hope you made it through but be proud of yourself anyway you are making the effort to try thats a hard step conquered.
Good Luck

So, I've made it through a whole Sunday without throwing in the towel! Had a lovely day with my mum and sister over for a BBQ and really enjoyed it, even without stuffing my face with crisps and dips and guzzling lashings of wine! Instead I made chicken and veg kebabs, home made burgers with extra lean mince and lots of salad and vegetable cous cous, delicious! I wont lie, I have found it tricky at times, I had a curly wurly with a cup of tea after my guests had left and could have easily have eaten another straight after but I managed to take my mind off it and the urge passed.

Pookie, you are so right about the biscuits! I buy the biccies, tea cakes, scotch pancakes etc kidding myself they are for the kids when it's actually me that can't resist them when I get that mid afternoon slump! In the co-op on Sat morning my eyes lit up at the "buy one get one free" sign on the chocolate vieniese fingers but I walked on by, I just cant trust myself to have them in the house, at least not until I find my mojo and get back into the swing of things.

So it's just one day but it's a step in the right direction...

Today I ate

Fruit and activia fat free yog
Mug shot
Chick and veg kebab with honey and soy marinade (1)
Homemade burger (1)
salad and cous cous with fat free dressing
Tom relish and BBQ sauce (2)
Curly wurly (6)
Options (2)
Banana

= 12 syns :))

Day 2 done and feeling good :) Feel as though I'm having junk food withdrawal symptoms but I'm already feeling less lethargic and my tummy feels less bloated so its worth it.

Day 3 and I've had 17 syns, feel a bit annoyed with myself but i have managed to stay in control as I've kept a note of everything and not thrown in the towel. Today and yesterday ive used syns on the kids chocolate coins, so stupid they're not even that nice! Anyway, want to try and cut back on my syns for the next couple of days to try and make up for it and the coins have all gone now anyway!

I continued my comittment to walking to school again this morning and got caught in a downpour halfway there, felt very virtuous as we arrived dripping wet ha ha.

Food for today

Ham and mushroom omelette
Few blueberries and raspberries

Coffee with coffee mate (2)
M&S choc tea cake (4)

Small wholemeal roll with ham and salad and ex lite salad cream (1)
Mug shott

Choc coins (4)

Banana

Jamie Oliver fish pie with baked beans and broccoli (6 creme fraiche and butter)

= 17 syns

Oh dear...so it was all going so well until last Thursday when I fell off the wagon! Had my weigh in Saturday and and lost 1.5, not as good as it could have been but still a loss and I felt ok with it. Since then I'm afraid that I've probably put that 1.5 back on if not more. I can't go to my usual meeting this coming Saturday so was planning to go elsewhere Thursday morning even though it would have been a short week but I'm not doing that now, can't face being told I've put on :-( feeling fed up but this gorgeous weather today has made me realise how much I really want and need to do this. I'd decided to have a go at the original plan this week ie do all red days rather than EE but I've struggled with it so just going to stick with EE going forward. I've done ok I think today, got chilli and rice for dinner, just pinched a few chips leftover from the kids dinner but I can syn those so all is not lost.

Onwards and upwards, (or downwards preferably!) :)

Back