Anyone tried the Powerplate machines?

Slimoncemore

Wants to be slim!
Hi, just wondered if anyone had tried the powerplate or vibration plate machines?

iv not hurd of them b4 what is it?

It is a vibrating plate machine that promises a 15 minute workout is equivalent to 60 minutes in the gym. You hold 'poses' on the plate and it vibrates and tones your muscles.

They are popping up in gyms etc all over the place and you can buy them for home.

Power Plate

I have a power tonic
It's very good but takes a bit of getting used to as when you step off your feet and legs feel a bit numb
Great for when you're on a VLCD as it helps shift the bodyfact around - yuk
The cost of this type of machine is over the £100 but a great

i go to powerplate classes at Good Vibrations in London, pricey at £150 for 10 lessons - theyre really good and you hurt like hell the next day, after my first 2 classes i had trouble lowering myself onto my seat at work and onto the toilet and i kind of had a funny walk a bit like mick jagger.. they do what they say, ie in around 20mins you can do the same weight resistance workout that would take around 1hour but you also need to do cardio as they dont support that type of workout - but they are a fast way to tone up muscles. but the cheap ones for home are no good ive heard.

Thanks for your comments ladies...I have hired one for six weeks, it is one that retails at £400 so I'll have a go and let you know if it works or not.

Here's hoping!! ;)

Well used it for the first time tonight and can definitely tell I have used my muscles!

I feel like I do when I have been strength training at the gym...it was a bit weird at first but quite nice when I got used to it.

Will use it everyday and report back next week.

Back