Anyone tried these free "crisps" - they're yum!

yamyam

I was told about these a while ago and made some tonight for the first time in ages. Totally gorge (in the absence of ready salted walkers anyway!).

Get some lasagne sheets and boil them gently until floppy. Drain, dab dry & grind salt on top (and maybe some paprika or other spices) then cut them into triangles and arrange on non stick baking sheet.

Put in a hot hot oven for a few mins, and they turn out like crisps/dorito's!

Serve with a free salsa of chopped tomatoes, red onion, red pepper, chopped coriander & tobasco.

Free munchies - always a good thing!

ooh! will have to try those when i finish CD!!! Thanks! top tip!

ive never done them that way but another recipe was to cut a potato very thin add salt place on a baking sheet and put in the microwave for a min but you have to keep checking them coz they do burn quick.

you can buy a crisp maker for the microwave that you put your slices of potato in and they come out lovely, my sw leader brought them in for us. I think she bought it from betterware or somewhere like that

I've had these before at a taster session at SW last year - they're really yummy! Made them myself once but they didn't turn out right, I think I needed to boil the lasagne for longer.
They are nice dipped in cottage cheese or extra lite triangles!

Thanks for reminding me, forgot all about those!

I tried the microwave crisp maker too. Was excellent at making syn free carrot and beetroot crisps and course, free on both days then!

I bought mine from Lakeland aaages ago. :)

Dont wanna be a party pooper with this being my first post but when i done sw last year, our consultant had been to a meeting and they were told that though free food is free food it has to be eaten the way it was intended and we were told we werent allowed to make these crisps free anymore:cry:

but saying that they were a life saver and never affected my weightloss as such it was other stuff like wine that got in the way in my case

Hiya & welcome!

That's really strange isn't it?!! Our leader raves on about them and technically they're no different from syn free chips!

Ho hum..... don't eat them often anyways. They're quite a bit of fuss aren't they?!

K x

thats weired when i dont sw my leader always had a go at us if we wernt eatingenough i used to eat like a horse and she said your not eatingenough free food, the more you eat the more you lose, i lived on green days they were the best but i just dont think slimming world im convienient for everyday living( going out etc) i prefer ww coz you can have anything as long is it within your points so if you choose to eat healthy you can have more x xsorry for the rambling on once i start i cant stop ha ha ha

Eating out on SW isn't too bad. For instance for a curry you can have vegetable curry and boiled rice for 10 syns which I think is quite good considering the pile on the plate.

A chicken chow mein is 7.5syns and very filling, and pub grub you can have jacket potatoes & beans in unlimited quantities or on a red day you can have 100 steaks if you want!

I think as with any diet it all comes down to planning and how determined you are to lose weight.... and whether the occassion is worth "spending" your syns on.

As you can see from my siggy.... I was very weak last week!!!

You're welcome! They only told me on tuesday too - i've really been missing my chinese take aways until now!

Oh, forgot to mention - you have to count the chicken as a healthy B on a green day.

Back