Induction Anyone use Almond or Soya milk?

locket

I was wondering if it is at all palatable. I love my tea but ordinary milk is soooo calorific and tea without milk is not an option for me. I have so much to learn...

Hi I use unsweetened soya milk in my coffee and its lovely, I prefer it to cows milk. Don't know what its like on its own tho. Tesco do their own brand and its 75c a litre in RoI

Hi, I use unsweetened soya, it can be a little bitter but I just have an extra sweetener and it's lovely in tea!
C x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tesco do a lactose free milk called Kara - is coconut milk but doesn't taste of it at all! I find soya horrible!

Just tried almond milk. It's not great in tea but it will do, I might even get used to it. Will definitely try soya milk and lactose free milk too.

I started using soya milk and wouldn't try ordinary milk again for anything now :) Better for my sinuses too :)

I use Tesco organic unsweetened soya - 0.2g carbs per 100mls, I think?

I went shopping this morning and have just realised that I've forgotten to get soya milk. Doh!!! I was looking forward to trying it as no one has a bad work to say for the stuff.

Hi Locket, I'm the same - couldn't live without my cuppa!! Pleasantly surprised by the unsweetened soya milk, gotten quite used to it now. Really enjoying the coffee with cream in as well! x

Tried soya milk today. Wow! It is really not bad, I was expecting something horrible. I got a chilled Alpro light at 0.1g carbs per 100g. It even smells yummy, a sort of vanilla aroma. I'm converted.
Does anyone know if you can cook/ bake with it. I have a low carb quiche I'm dying to try.

I've cooked with it successfully but it can curdle if you add it to hot pan so be careful.

Back