Anyone use meditation??

Sez

has started again!!
After reading the article in this months LL Mag, I am beginning to be curious about meditation. I like the thought that one can effectively "block" the chatterbox, and when you cant hear it, it cant hurt you, as it were!

I have just paid 99p for a guided meditation download via Ebay (not got it yet), as I really think this might be another string to the LL bow, and TBH any extra support I can find literally anywhere has got to be good.

Its something I had never thought of, but when you think that we are almost playing mind games on a daily basis with this diet, I reckon it might not be a bad a idea!!

(or am I just turning into an aging hippy???LOL)

Peace & Love , man......:character00238:

Just read that article this morning and I'm quite eager to do the same.

I need to do something coz I'm fed up of this perpetual struggling and constantly thinking of food!

Would love to hear how you get on! I might try the same and I'll report back too!

Peace to you too Sez

Hi Sez,
Thanks for reminding me of meditation: I had a very rocky patch a few years ago and didn't really know where to turn to next. Someone suggested meditation to try and calm my inner turmoil and it worked. Initially, I couldn't relax because of my screaming thoughts but then the words (I went to a group session) started to penetrate and there was a wonderful feeling of liberation. There was now a clarity to my thoughts I had never hoped to discover again and I made lifeturning changes that were very valuable.
Unfortunately the group dissolved as the leader moved away and I was busy etc and I've lost the habit over the past couple of years.
So off to look for my meditation cds and see if I can access my crooked thoughts and where they're originating from.
Good luck with it Sez :cool:

Hi Sez,
Thanks for reminding me of meditation: I had a very rocky patch a few years ago and didn't really know where to turn to next. Someone suggested meditation to try and calm my inner turmoil and it worked. Initially, I couldn't relax because of my screaming thoughts but then the words (I went to a group session) started to penetrate and there was a wonderful feeling of liberation. There was now a clarity to my thoughts I had never hoped to discover again and I made lifeturning changes that were very valuable.
Unfortunately the group dissolved as the leader moved away and I was busy etc and I've lost the habit over the past couple of years.
So off to look for my meditation cds and see if I can access my crooked thoughts and where they're originating from.
Good luck with it Sez :cool:

Hi Trish, thanks for that post. I will definately try mediatation now. It's always nice for someone to give their personal experience.

Thanks Westie,
Just thought I'd post a couple of things to be going on with,
while you're looking for something suitable (hope no one minds?).
Sit yourself comfortably in a chair with your feet firmly on the floor and your hands in your lap. If you want you can put on some very soft calming music but as quiet as possible. Now concentrate on your breathing - just listening to how you breathe in and out; close your eyes when you feel comfortable with that and slightly open your mouth, allowing it to relax. Now take in a deepish breath through your nose and out through your mouth. Increase how long you can inhale for (3,4,5,6 etc seconds), then hold it for the same amount and exhale for the same. So if you inhale for 3 seconds your whole breath will take 9 seconds. The concentration on the breathing will clear your mind and allow you to relax and let your subconscious tell you some things. Your mind will eventually go off the breathing and allow you to listen to your subconscious which is where your true feelings are. It may not happen immediately but persevere.
Good luck and cool to all. Let me know how things go x

Thanks Sez for the link - I'll try it

Just got the link, and downloaded the three MP3's, work, rest and play. Listened to a few minutes of the Play, seem pretty good, will listen properly when everyone goes out to Sunday dinner at MIL's!!

Happy meditating all!!

:giggle:Any of you remember a subliminal weight loss CD being advertised in the magazine sections of some of the Sunday papers about 2/3 months ago? It was (still is) by a company called Inner Talk and came with a high level recomendation from a woman who had been large all her life but changed completly as a result of listening to her CD.

Old Possum here immediatly thought "Brill - I'll 'ave one of those"! and promptly paid my £29.99 (I think) and couldn't wait to get started.

When it arrived (after about a 4 week delay which was apparently due to the high level demand resulting from the article) I did 'what it said on the pack' i.e. read the affirmations ;) - all about liking water and not wanting bad-for-you-foods basically. I put it on the background wherever I was - watching TV, reading, cooking (remember that?!!), doing housework and sleeping. Wherever I was and whatever I was doing I was surrounded by the sounds of 'nature and crashing waves'. This thing was potentially so potent that the blurb on the box advised against playing it where others might unknowingly fall under its powers :vibes::vibes::vibes:

So guess what happened? Absolutely nothing. After hours and hours and hours and hours over a period of weeks and weeks and weeks - absolutely nothing.

But to be fair, it did do one thing - around that time I had a very sick and injured cat which had to be contained so as to prevent it running about until it healed. The CD worked wonders on the cat. Whenever it became unsettled I would put on the CD and she would fall asleep straight away - and sleep for hours. It worked time and time again.

Maybe Inner Talk could re-package it for the pet market but be sure to mention that it does nothing whatsoever for Fatpossums :D:D:D

Maybe Inner Talk could re-package it for the pet market but be sure to mention that it does nothing whatsoever for Fatpossums :D:D:D

LOL!!! This makes me happy I only paid 99p for my download!!

Family just gone out for another marathon Sunday nosh up at MILs house. (I do miss meeting the rest of the family, but just cant face the smells & sight of roast dinner and selection of puds.)

I am about to take myself of to my bed, for a lay down and a spot of relaxation, complete with my new acquisition!

Watch this space!!

Back