Anyone used cottage cheese in an omelette??

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by jaylou, 7 September 2009.

1. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

Just wondered what it was like? Not sure how it would turn out, I fancy an omelette and don't want to use cheese!
  2. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Probably taste like that quichey stuff won't it? I dunno hun, not got mushrooms or spring onions? Not got parmesan shavings for a sneaky syn and a half for a sprinkle?
  3. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

Well I did it and it was lovely. Used bacon, onions, tomatoes and cottage cheese and finished it off under the grill so it all bubbled up. Syn free!

I do normally use parmesan or cheese but wanted to save some syns - "trying" to be good ya see!

Attached Files:

4. b_n_3003

b_n_3003 Well-Known Member

I love cottage cheese, and put it in everything, yum, and finishing off under the grill sounds a good idea, I always struggle flipping :)
  5. sarahandmolly

sarahandmolly Well-Known Member

That looks lovely! x
  6. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Jaylou that looks really lovely - and no synful 'proper' cheese in sight, well done. X
  7. lesserme

lesserme shrinking granny

I usually put laughing cow cheese into my omeletes (sp)
    Last edited: 7 September 2009
  8. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

It look great! I must admit to sometimes putting some chive and onion cottage cheese in my tomato sauce for the pasta. Gives it a bit of oomph! I've also seem pizzas with cottage cheese on them - so why not!