Anyone want a slimming buddy?

Welcome to the forums!

You can, but the theory is still don't easy when you're not hungry! Eat until you're full, but not stuffed! What days are you doing?

Well done with your 2.5lbs loss sue, that's really great! I hope it gives you lots if motivation to have another good week!

I'm doing mainly green but occasionally original because my husband does like his meat although he is being really supportive of me doing this and has agreed to eat whatever I need to.

Can I ask another thing...sorry if Im sounding completely thick...what happens if you dont eat your syns? I mean can you roll them over for a weekend binge or does if matter if you dont really have any at all in a week?

Its recommended that especially at the beginning if your weight loss you have your syns, so that if later on down the line of your weight loss you plateau you'll be able to reduce your syns slightly to boost your loss...so if I were you id have them!

Also, some purple have them rolled over a week, but personally I wouldn't as its a healthy life style were trying to achieve and that would be encouraging binge eating!

Hello ladies :wave_cry:sorry I joined and then have not been back it has been a hectic couple of days at work have been on the road 7am-8.30pm the last two days so to be honest I havent started yet, but I now have the next two days off so I am gonna get my head around slimming world starting tomorrow :D was thinking of making a slimming world chicken curry for tea tomorrow night... anybody got any good tried and tested recipes oooh and the slimming world quiche gonna try that out tomorrow too :D

I agree with hannah about the carrying over syns, I try not to do that cause then I dont feel good about it I feel like am just eating to eat crap then lol

hey valerie, good luck with 3 stone hopefully we can help

Jane I hope ur having a better day today...

well yesterday I had a great weigh in but then it was my bosses 50th so we had buns and stuff in work i had a cupcake and a marks and spenser mini roll thingy they were lovely but I was so greedy... I then had a chicken and cheese toastie for lunch,

we then went out for dinner and I stuck to water but ate spicy pumpin soup and roll for starter then for main had slow raosted pork belly and champ was lovely but feel awful for eating it all today, so am going to try and have a little syns as possible today to try and recover from the damage....

hope everyone else had a good day,

also hannah u lucky duck having a gym next door i would love that, I only have to walk 15minutes but sometimes feels like a life time to get home lol

good luck today everyone x

hi to all of u i have just weighed and lost 2lbs yay put on 1/4 of a pound last week lol, was following extra easy but find it hard to eat all the superfree food so am now trying mix2max to see how i get on, good luck to all of u val x :)

Hi everyone, would love to join in with this group if you will have me :D

I started SW in July last year, managed to lose nearly 2 1/2 stone by April, then put about 1 1/2 stone back on again. Re-started in August and so far lost 6 1/2lbs. Weight loss seems to be slower this time but I think I am following the plan better and actually making long term changes to my eating habits (hopefully!). Although losing weight slowly really gets me down sometimes and I feel like giving up if I only lose half a lb in one week.

Its great to meet others who have a similar amount to lose as me :D

Hope everyone is having a great day x

hi emily, awk ano what U mean for weeks there i was losing 0.5lb - 1lb and it was it was really annoying me but then I thought at least its coming off, it has taken me over a year to lose 2 stone 5lb but it has stayed off... thank god

today my eating wasnt to bad breakfast was shredded wheat, milk with strawberries and blackberries,
snack - yoghurt and pear
lunch- 2 x bread and ham, yoghurt and apple
snack - apple and black tea
dinner salmon with stirfry veg and cabbage was yum

so total syns today has been 3 syns so not to bad, trying to eat minimum syns so that the damage I caused yesterday isnt to bad...

how has everyone else day been going, it would be great to see what u all eat, see if i can get any inspirations....

didnt manage to do the exercise I wanted to do but am totally wrecked does anyone else think sometimes dieting take it right outta ya lol

Hi all, well I decided to join a group last night, the consultant runs 3 classes a week so fingers crossed I will be able to attend one that fits in with my rota :D

Today Day 1 :D

Breakfast

Oatso Simple Original - HEA (has anyone tried making this with water?)
180ml Semi Skimmed Milk - HEB
175g Tinned Mandarins in Juice - 3 syns

hi guys, i was reading through these posts and came across ur binge jane had to smile to myself could have been me i've had a couple of 'episodes' the last couple of weeks but luckily i've managed to get back on track the next day,in past diets the binge would have carried on for weeks putting back on what i lost plus a few pounds more :eek: thats where this site comes into it's own i come back on here and see i'm not the only one that does it just have to draw a line under it and start afresh. hope ur all ok val x

I'm feeling very proud of myself today. A colleague at work bought in loads of cream cakes and I stayed well away. I wasn't hungry so told myself I didn't need it. I've come home to a lovely risotto and glass of wine all of which leaves me well on track and feeling rather smug. I think it just goes to show we all have the will power to do it we just need to remember it.

Wow, well done for keeping away from those cream cakes! Not sure I would have been so strong, lol. Its such a great feeling afterwards when you do manage to avoid temptation and have the healthy option! :D

Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been around much. As i said we are putting our house up for sale so i have spent most of the week packing away non essential items to make the place a bit tidier, no time to play on the computer in the evnings:mad:. My son also seems to think my laptop is his personal dvd player:sigh:.

Anyway, my week started really well but gradually gone haywire culminating in a trip to pizza hut for a buffet lunch today. I could have done some damage control but no chance, I was a complete pig! At least when it has gone totally off track it has been when i'm out of the house so I have to a certain degree kept it under control. I haven't attacked the massive bag of chocolate buttons i'm using to bribe my son to use the potty (YET!) so it could be worse.
Fingers crossed I can get it back together tomorrow.
Do all of you exercise? I know it sounds like an excuse but I never seem to have time. I have my son all day and hubby isn't home til 8pm so i'm shattered by then. Any ideas how I can do "something" that is compatable with a 2yr old clinging to your leg at all times (that includes trips to the bathroom)? None of our local leisure centres have a creche I can leave him at and as I don't work I can't afford membership of a private gym. What do you all do?
Hope you are all gearing up for a great weekend x;)

hey Kerry, at least U have tried to be good when u can, might not be as bad as you think...

what about even taking him out to play football or even when he is having a nap run up and down the stairs or something... sorry am not very good at thinking of stuff lol... I go to the gym but I know what u mean about not having time because I go three times a week but sometimes struggle to find time because am not home until like 8 and am wrecked but once am up and doing it its fine

this week my eating hasnt been to bad, yesterday there was loads of cakes and stuff in office but I didnt eat anything because I knew I had a curly wurly to go home to and OMG it was lovely and all for 6 syns, yum yum yum

today has been good to, but think am starting to get a cold grrrr and I got to gran cran on wed so hopefully I can get rid of it before then

hope everyone else is having a good day, enjoy the weekend to x

well done avoiding those cakes, i'm proud of you. Have to admit I panicked and had a sneak peak on the scales this morning and was very happily surprised so fingers crossed for sunday.

I do run around after my son, playing tag football catch etc but it doesn't seem like much exercise. Unfortunately he doesnt have a nap so has to be something he can join in. Seriously thinking of getting a bike seat for him but i'm not a confident cyclist and it is all busy roads around here. lots of hills too so that would work well.

Hope your cold gets better Sue, i'm jealous that you are heading off to the sun.

could u meet up with a mate that has a baby then u could push them around for a long walk few times a week seems better than just walking without a pram, if u have a freecycle site in ur town ask for an excercise bike have seen a few on the one i joined mind u i have a recumberant one but its a clothes horse most of the time lol :)

:D Morning everyone. Just got off the scales and I did it. I lost 3lbs!!!!! :happy036::happy036::happy036::bliss:. I am sossosososo happy. I have never lost that much in 1 week and I wasn't even sticking to SW 100%. Imagine what could be lost with a 100% week. This has really given me a much needed boost. Thank you everyone for words of support and encouragement. Hope you all feel as pleased as I do after WI this week, don't forget to let us know how you all get on. Enjoy your Sunday xx

CONGRATULATIONS... kerry B thats fantastic go u :)

well my week had been going good so far but then my boyfriend suggested going to the cinema we were running late so I picked seats and he went out to get drinks, well he came back with big bag of maltesers, medium salted popcorn and a small tub of hot nuts lol :(, I had started off being good with good intentions of just having some popcorn cause I love it, but then I got carried away I had a bit of everything lol in all think I had nearly half of it all, the only thing that was good was the diet coke lol

but I am back on track today hopefully it hassnt damaaged my wi to much cause I wanted a good loss before I go away on wed lol can always be hopeful...

Back