Anyone want a slimming buddy?

Yeah I know, I asked if that's really the syn value in the syn value section, as I can't believe it as pudding rice us free and milk from hea, vanilla essence and artificial sweetner. Can't be 11 syns (although I did have 2 portions).

Tell me about it. Insupportive partner. Mine doesn't believe I'm going to get to target as I've been trying since january and have only lost 2 stone grr. He also says things like "how can you lose weight by eating what you like blah blah blah". Annoying man! At least yours only brings food in and doesn't not believe in you lol!

Hannah, you must be living with my husband!!!!! He is just like that and it's not just the food. I get the "no wonder youre overweight if you eat that much all the time". A loss of 3lbs got the response " yeah?, well you have a hell of a lot more to lose". What gives some the right to comment on/dictate how someone else should look?

Ignore your other half ,I would love to have lost 2 st in 9 mths, you are doing brilliantly and i'm sure you will be at target by xmas if you ignore any "helpful" comments. You are doing brilliantly. X

Hi guys
Am i too late to join this thread?
Doing EE on my own at home so not got the support of a group, this is the next best thing!
Lyn
x

Welcome spuds, it's never too late.

Hannah, I haven't set a mini target but starting to think I should after weigh in today:sigh:. It is a never ending cycle and i'm sooo disappointed after having had a great week with a small blip on Friday but I decided to flexi-syn so didn't feel too bad about it. At the moment I just feel that I will never lose the weight at all. Going to try a week with no bread and no bananas to see how I get on. I thought that I wouldn't have to cut stuff out til I was nearing target.

Good luck to everyone for this week x

Aww that sucks! I'd probs just try them one at a time, so cut out bread for the next 2 weeks, then if still no success cut out bananas! Otherwise you'll never know what the culprit is! Also try not to flexi syn for 2 weeks and maybe allow yourself one flexi syn day a month, you may be like me that I can't afford to have a 'day off' as it shows on the scales!

Just try to be 100% and use your syns correctly so that you don't feel the need to binge!

Good luck! (I'm off for dinner with grandparents now ahhh she better not ruin my good week!) Well good ish!

Thanks Kerry.
Hi everyone!
Well i've been doing EE for about a month now and the first 2 weeks i put a pound on each time, although my clothes definately feel looser. Decided not to weigh myself anymore as only get depressed and come and eat myself silly!!
I have about 2 stones to lose and would like to loose at least one of those before christmas. Is that too ambitious?
P.s What is a flexi syn please?

Hi Spuds.

Losing 1 stone by xmas is totally doable, lose 2 lbs a week and you will get there before xmas even.

Flexi syns: as I understand it they are to be used on the very odd occasion when 15 syns just isn't going to be enough. say you were going out for a special meal or to a party and know that there is no way you are going to stay on track then you decide on a reasonable number of syns so that you can enjoy yourself but not completely blow it with thoughts of "oh well I've had over 15 syns so I wont bother counting anymore". You stay in control then get straight back on plan next day (or sooner if possible) without feeling too guilty

That is correct! Kerry how did today go?

I just tried to make the super speed soup and it is ruined. Several things went wrong: whilst stiring it the entire pot tipped over, it got burnt and them the gas stopped working! Great!

Hi spuds!

:DHannah, did you just lose 5lbs???? That is brilliant, well done you!

Yesterday was ok. Had a day of wanting to snack all day which wasn't so good but managed to keep it under control, just. Not the healthiest day ever but still on plan. Taking my son to a birthday party at lunch time: pizza sausage rolls cocktail sausages and lord knows what else. Oh yeah, lets not forget the cake.:sigh: I will just have to be strong.

Soup sounds a bit of a disaster, better luck next time. I plan to make some lentil soup later which can be very hit and miss so fingers crossed.

Have a great day everyone :girlpower:

Hello!!

Yes I did lose 5lbs although it wasnt recorded at slimming world, as I joined again last night! So I am 11 stone 1lb now. Need another really good loss again to put me on track for my target date, so Im not going to be able to have that chocolate bar that is calling my name!!!

Hows all going for you now? Did you have sausages?

I won the raffle last night at slimming world and won a massive load of fruit, so for lunch ive got 3 apples, 2 satsumas, a plum and a banana lol!

Had 2 fudges though?? Dont know how much to syn them, but will look on lifeline online later!!

How did your lentil soup go? Recipe? (if nice)

How has everyones day gone today then??

Ta ta for now!

Still a great loss. Good luck for this week. 2lbs would see you under 11st!!!

No, I didn't have any sausages, I took my lunch with me and ate before the kids sat down so I wasn't even tempted!

Lentil soup was made and put straight into the freezer as I didn't fancy it when it was ready. I just chuck onion carrot potatoes lentils and stock in the pot and cook until veg is soft then mash it up a bit. Sometimes put bacon in too which is yummy, didnt this time as I forgot to buy any.

Hubby went mental when he saw the receipt from the supermarket this week £60 and not a piece of meat to be seen, just lots of fruit and veg and snack a jacks to combat the 4 tubes of pringles still in the cupboard. F&V is soooo expensive just now but it is finally satsuma time. Yippeeee:D. I bought 3 bags, hope they last til the end of the week.

Evening all!
This week has gone sooooooo fast, only 1 week until half term, yippeeee!
Hows everyones week been? well done on your weightloss Hannah, whats your secret?? please tell.
I know what your mean Kerry, this healthy eating lark is so expensive!
I've really been good this week, tempted to weigh myself at the weekend but know i'll get depressed if they say i've put on weight.
Going to cook the spag carbonara tonight from the magazine, it's my favourite and completey lush. Anyone else trying the receipes from the magazines?
Speak soon

I have tried a few recipies. My fave out of this months was the chicken barley soup and the mangochicken with potatoes and sugarsnap peas.

I'm managing to stay on plan this weeek but i'm really struggling with no bread. Also, as the week goes on i'm finding it harder to be interested in what I eat. Not really tempted to go off plan just not interested in food at all:confused:. A strange idea for me, not interested in food.

Hope everyone doing well this week

I soooo know what you mean about the bread Kerry, i lived on it before i started SW. My every HEB is always bread, but the small slices are not the same. i really miss my garlic and herb pitta breads too but they're just simply not worth the syns!
Sometimes it can get a bit samey, you're doing well not to stray though, my partner has a stash of goodies in the bread bin that i was tempted with earlier but i resisted temptation.
Might let my hair down tomorrow with a few drinks though. Hope i'm not the only one who saves up syns for alcohol at the weekends. i'm not an alcoholic....i swear....just a binge drinker. lol.

Just got my new magazine and very disappointed to say not a single recipie appeals to me:cry:.

HELP HELP HELP! Please get me back on track!

Emotional eating has taken me over! GRRRR!!! HELP!!!! Motivate me again! :'(

Help is here!!!! What happened, you did so well last week? Whatever it was put it behind you, take a deeeeep breathe and start again. Just think of your OH's face when you reach target by xmas!!!! Think how fantastic you will feel finally getting there (and in a fairly short period of time I think).

I too am an emotional eater. If i'm really stressed or upset I start stuffing anything and everything into my mouth. Then feel sooo lousy afterwards. I know what you are doing and it really doesn't help.

Think how good you felt after WI! Remove yourself from the emotional situation (if you can) until you feel more in control.

Go Hannah, You can do it! Big big hugs x

Have you got a neew outfit that will fit when you reach target? Something you really like? My friend did that and took it out everytime she felt down.

Back