Anyone want a slimming buddy?

I will chop if you peel.;)

Husband is sitting waving a tube of pringles under my nose. GRRR:mad:. Thank god for snack a jacks (add another 6 syns to my day):rolleyes:

I know exactly how you feel! Bf had a kfc today, nearly killed me and I had a bag of ryvita minis!

Its this time of night I need to get out if the habit of wanting food, just maybe having a cup of tea!

hi everyone

sorry havent been on much was away for the weekend and ate total crap, start back to work tomorrow so I will be back on track then and into a routine again, thank god...

you two sound very motivated, I must say I like it makes me feel very guilty when I eat something bad so thanks lol

how did ur weighins go yesterday, cant remember if I read it or not...

kerry do u have a slow cooker, I got one for xmas but not to sure what to make in it and do u put it on and then go out for the day... am not sure what to do with it at all lol

kerry ur goal for this year seems very achieveable, you can def do it, and if u get it even earlier then bonus, but remeber when u lose slower it stays off better.. so just aim month by month or even just week by week whatever works best for u... dont punish urself to hard if u dont meet every target tho life is for living to :)

hope everyone is having a great day x

Yes i have a slowcooker + I love it. I mostly do casseroles in It. Put all the veg on the bottom then meat on top, pour in enough liquid to cover + switch it on. I do leave it on + go out but up til now I've only ever left it unattended for an hour or 2. I tend to use it when I know Im going to be home most of the day. I have it on now + popped out to shops for a bit earlier. Start back to work next week so it will be on all day while I'm out. The meat is so tender it just melts In your mouth. Try it at weekend 1st + see how you feel. The unit gets hot but i think Its fairly safe to leave.

Have had an ok day but I'm hungry now. Today ive had:
B: porridge (with milk HEa+b) + banana, 2 cups of tea
L: spicy butternut soup with bacon (squash, sweet potato carrot + onion), apple, lf yogurt, 1/2 packet caramel snack a jacks. 3.5 syns
D: will be beef casserole (beef onion carrot turnip flour, stock) 1.5 syns, cabbage + potatoes.
Snacks: pear, tea alpen light 3syns
Feel a bit cheated with the snack a jacks. The caramel ones were much lower in fat than any other but are the highest in syns:mad:

sounds like a good day kerry,

my day has not been the best to be honest

breakfast - 2 x eggs and 2 x toast with butter (plain bread)

Lunch - yoghurt, orange and 2 x plums

then went out shopping and had a pkt of crisps cause was stupid and didnt have big enough lunch
dinner - salmon, potatoes, sprouts, cauliflower and broccoli

but I was planning on getting back on track tomorrow, so whatever i have put on tomorrow at wi am not going to worry about it and just try to get back on track as much as I can

yea I will try my slow cooker at the weekend, havent had anything in the house to try it yet, cant wait cause other half loves meat so will suit him well lol

Was sooo hungry yesterday. Sat at 10.30 last night wondering what I could eat. Ended up with a hot choc + a fairy cake. Ridiculous at that time of night. So i ended up using all 15 syns yesterday.

Today so far:
B: 2 poached eggs beans pear + 2 satsumas
L: out for lunch: tomato rocket + mozarella salad no dressing (hea for cheese), spaghetti + tomato ragu sauce. Will count all of my syns for that as it tasted quite oily, diet coke. Said no to dessert + didnt nibble cj's pizza or Ice cream:rolleyes: Not the best choice, not the worst but couldnt afford the steak. All in all im pleased with my choice.
D: will be chicken fried rice with peas peppers carrot onion + mangetout.
Snacks so far: apple, alpen light (heb, willbhave the other tonight) green tea with lemon.

How was your meal out yesterday Hannah?

Good luck with your WI Sue.

Meal out was fine, had jacket potato no butter, peas and chicken. Yesterday however was not fine, I did a naughty roast (which I couldn't even begin to syn) and choc fudge brownie and choc chips. GRRRR. But being good today and going to go to the gym!

Hows everyone else going?

hiya

well yesterday I put on 2.5lb suppose it could have been worse, but deff want a loss this week cause thats means in total over xmas and new year I put on 3.5lb :(

well today I have had - extra easy day

Breakfast - cereal (6syns) milk hex a, pear and 2 x oranges

Lunch - bread - hex b, ham - 1syns, butter - 1 syn, lettuce and tomato, 2 x plum, kiwi, low fat yoghurt

snack - pears, apple, orange

Dinner - am planning on pork chops, champ and veg

syns - 8

does this sound ok for an extra easy day not to sure if i have enough fruit and veg

hope everyone day is going good

Yeah I'd say that was about right! Looks good! I'm about to cook gammon, eggs, mash and veg! Yay!! Can't wait so hungry!

Naughty naughty hannah!

Sue that looks fine but if youre doing ee why are you counting syns for the ham?

Im doing a green day today:
B:porridge(hex a+b) banana cup of tea
L: spicy butternut soup 3 pumpkin seed ryvita+ 2 laughing cow triangles (hex a+b), tomato apple + yogurt
D: jacket potato beans + 3 laughing cow (remainder hex a from lunch) yogurt
Snacks: alpen light 3 syns, apple satsumas grapes
Been good day but im still hungry. Got 12 syns to have do might have some toast once cj is in bed. I'm finding it hard in the evenings after a week of crisps + chocolate snacks in front of the tv every night.

the ham was not lean ham, its just sainsbury ham lol

kerry I know what u mean am so used to eating rubbish all night and day that fruit doesnt seem to work anymore... but i really even want to lose 1lb cause then I will be back in the 11 stone catergory lol even if it is at the very top

am now having turkey, potatoes and veg lol

butter nut soup sounds lovely

I have planned and prepared for tomorro I have made cottage pie for dinner and bacon, chicken and pepper pasta for lunch yum yum

Ahh that explains the syns then;)

Soup is gorgeous. We had it from tesco but it was really high in syns so I went online and checked the ingredients. Sweet potato carrot onion & butternut squash & there were loads of different spices in it. Missed out all the oil and cream and hey presto, yummy sw soup.

Hannah, I just spent about 3 minutes holding the hobnobs in my hand before putting them back in the cupboard. I,m going to have some pasta carbonara instead. How many syns are there in a hobnob?

Last edited:
No idea! But I ate like 10, so don't make the same mistake I made! You've got more will power than me! Well done! Im hoping my will power will increase within a week, gradually getting back into it! Well done to you both though youre doing fantastically well! You should both be proud!! :D

So annoyed at myself.

Bf still doesn't believe I can do it. He's so as sure that I can't do it. He said that he'd propose if I reached my target weight. He was probably joking but he really doesn't think I can do it.

Why can't I just stick to it. Can't stand myself. Ahhhh.

:mad:IGNORE HIM. DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM.

Look how well you have done so far!! Much better than me and we started around the same time.

ok, you blew it with all the biscuits. Big deal. You have time to pull it back. You may not lose very much or get a STS but you will know why. It is not the end of the world. You are struggling with the cold weather probably and trying to get back to it after xmas, I know I am, its to be expected after having lots of treats. I'm assuming the biscuits have all gone... then dont buy any more until you trust yourself to have just one (3 1/2 syns per hobnob).

I just had a hobnob followed by a pasta & sauce coz I was starving after dinner. OH comment was " good to see you're back on diet and it's going well":mad: Yes actually it is, thanks for asking sweetheart (w****r).

Tell him to start saving coz you want a massive ring that costs a large fortune!!!!

You can do this, you know you can you just need to get your head in the right place again. What did you do the week you lost 7lbs? You go show him hell, we believe in you!

Big hugs :girlpower:

Thanks soo much! I've still got until sunday so pull back a loss! 100% going to try! Thank you so much!

Anytime sweetie, just glad i was around. Just remember, if it was easy we would all look like Victoria Beckham & Kate Moss, we are human and will slip up.

Put today behind you and move on. I hope you have a better day tomorrow x

Back