Anyone want a slimming buddy?

kerry b

Silver Member
Slimming Buddy Wanted for kick Up The Bum

HI

I know thaat everyone on this board provides great help and insperation to all members but i'm being greedy and want some for me particularly!:D

I'm looking for a slimming buddy who will help me get my act together again. Did really well on Sw at start of the year and lost 13lbs in 8wks. All gone a bit haywire since then as I lost all motivation after constant STS and small gains/small losses which has resulted in me gaining back 6 of those 13lbs.

Looking for someone in similar situation to share this journey with. Some one who will get in touch after weigh in to see how it went, will give ideas, shoulder to cry on and a kick up the bum when needed. I will provide the same service in return (always easier to say "this" is what is wrong when it's someone else, don't you think? lol)
:asskick:

I want to lose approx 2/2.5 stones (gulp) so if there is someone out there who is looking to lose a similar amount please get in toch and maybe we can help and support each other through this:patback:.

So.... anyone up for it?

Thank you in advance

Kerry xxx

Hey!

I also joined in january! Did fantastically in the first 4 weeks, list a whole stone! Then moved out of parents and it all went wrong! Lost another stone over maybe 6 months, but have now put about 7lbs back on! So about a stone and a half to go! I have great motivation in small stints and my will power is like zero which sucks so I could do with a big kick too!

Do what you think? Id be happy to be youre buddy! :)

oh pick! me pick me! lol im looking for a buddy to help me out too so maybe the 3 of us could buddy each other, ive lost 13lb and want to lose another 2st for christmas EEK! everything was going really well when i started but ive slowly be surely started to lose my motivation and find it impossible to be 100% for a day nevermind a full week:(

anyway im on here everynight.....yes i lead a very sad life lol but ill always be here to support you and of course give you that all important kick up the bum lol xx

Hehe! I'm here every night too!

I'm finding it hard to stock 100% each day too! Was really good today them ended up having chips on my meal out and a chocolate brownie too! Talk about self sabotage! Slugged my guts out at the gym today as well, grr I annoy myself! How have you both done today?? :)

Thank you ladies I would love both of you to be my buddies. All 3 of us can help each other out.

Which day do each of you weigh in? I'm a Sunday.

Today I lost 1lb which was ok as it hasn't been the best week. Had lunch at a friends and asked her to do a simple pasta dish. She served pasta with red pesto, chicken, double cream and parmesan cheese:eek:. I didn't even try to syn it and ate a very small portion:sigh:.

Not a great weekend either as we were out for dinner at a burger bar then out to breakfast this morning, ( had a tomato omlette instead of the bacon and pancakes drenched in maple syrup I really wanted. Yay me!). Absolutely no exercise this week at all but that not all that unusual for me:eek:.

thanks for replying to me and I hope you are both having a very SW kind of day

Kerry xx

My day has been rubbish lol my fault no one elses! Missed breakfast, rushed to tescos, went for slimming world roast at mums, came home and ate ham and chicken skewers and the pastry of 2 mini cornish pastys! Then birds eye chicken with reggae reggae sauce in tortilla wraps! Oops! Back on it tomorrow! Yay!

Well done on your 1lb loss Kerry! Keep up the good work and forget about the pasta thingy!

I weigh on a monday, although not going to group tomorrow! Starting up again next week!

How are you doing Jane?

hey I know there is already three of you, but can I join lol

I am really struggling at the min I have been doing sw for well over a year, I have lost 2 stone 2.5lb but i just cant seem to get motivated, I really need someone to help me motivate myself again, and I think we could all help each other by telling each other what we ate and how much exercise we have done, maybe it will help shame me into putting down the crap and do some exercise

I really am in need of some HELP!!!!

please let me join u gals, if you dont mind of course :)

Course not! Welcome top the club Sue! How did today go for you? What day is your weigh in?

thanks, I really appreciate it, really need some help

My weigh is a tuesday, well all week I have tried to put super speed foods into every meal, thought i was doing really well sticking to syns and all that, had a seek peek on the scales this morning and I have stayed the same grrrrrr.... was so annoyed so went out for dinner :( but made a chioce not to blow it completely went to TGI fridays and had a shanghi chicken salad and diet coke :) go me

but then was starving when got home and made a tomato, ham and mushroom omelette... which is sw friendly but feel like i have ate to much now lol... sorry completely ranting on now

hopefully we will have a better day tomorrow, what days do u do, I do mostly green

Hey Ladies, is there room for another? I have just started Slimming World today :D my weigh in day is going to be a Sunday morning weighing in at home as I cant attend class due to working shifts :( I am hoping to lose 3 stone by next August in time for my wedding :party0049: I am just about to sit down and menu plan for the next week, what do you all do Red / Green or Extra Easy?

Well done for the tgi's, I just can't go there without having nachos and ribs! Haha!

I do extra easy, as cooking meals for bf makes it easier to only have to make one kind of meal!

So we're all doing this - is just the kind of motivation I've been looking for!

Don't worry about the sts, my mum is at target now and as she lost weight her weight came off alternating between a1/2lb loss then bigger loss the while time, so keep trying and don't give up, as losing a little or sts is better than a gain! :)

Hi Starla and Sue, welcome to our "sub-club".

I do mainly EE as I like my potatoes, pasta and meat. I do the odd green day just to get the extra healthy extras for a really nice mac cheese.

Well done on the trip to TGI I would have blown it completely somewhere like that. Way too much temptation! Glad i'm not the only one who has a sneak peak. Just remember that it was a sneak peak and you still have time to lose a wee bit yet. Even if you don't lose, a STS is better than a gain. Positive thinking!

I was happy enough with my 1lb loss. I never have big losses. My Mum lost 7lbs in her 1st week which was great but it really disheartened me as it takes me a month or so to lose that amount even when I am 100% on track. Different people, different bodies....

Starla i'm also doing it alone at home as I can't afford the classes just now. You have done really well so far and I'm sure you will be a gorgeously slim bridee when the time comes.

I have posted a food diary (kerry b's food diary - original huh?) in the correct section so please all feel free to have a look and leave any comments.

Been a stressful day so far. Putting our house up for sale this week so having to keep it uber tidy for the photos. Unfortunately my 2yr old doesn't see the point of it and keeps pulling his 2 million cars out to play. Grrrr. Deep and slow breathing commencing while counting up to 50.

Have a great day guys.

Howdie!

I shall take a look at your food diary when I get home later! Day has gone well so far! So fingers crossed for the rest of the day!

Hope the house selling goes well! :)

Hope everyone elses day is going well too!

hiya,

awk yea ya know it was actually ok getting the salad cause it was so tasty... Today has went better food wise I think

breakfast - 2 x shredded wheat, 100ml milk strawberries and blackberries, then a w.w yoghurt
Lunch - 2 x bread, butter and ham - 3syns, tomato and lettuce, another yoghurt and 2 x plums
Dinner had salmon, cabbage, sprouts and mushrooms... then done a hour at the gym, hope it works and I lose something lol

although a few ppl actually said to me the day that I looked like I had lost more weight so that gave me a wee boost,

Kelly 1lb is fab go u, cant believe ur mum lost 7lb woooooooo go mum :), it takes me like 3 months to lose that much

hope u have all had a sw friendly day....

does anyone eat any foods that they think help lose weight, I think beans are really good they boosted my loss back in june I lose 2.5lb in a week :)

Fish is great! Hence me trying to pop about if tuna in each day this week!

Bread is a hindrance for me unfortunately! I am a total got cross bun lover, so finding that pretty hard!

Your day sounds like it went well! What do you do at gym?

sorry ladies feel like ive abandoned you all :oops: i fell off track ever so slightly...not... so if you could all form an orderly queue and proceed to give me my kick up the bum lol.

im back on track as from tomorrow morning... i would have been today but the following things fell into my mouth throughout the day ....2 blueberry cookies from M&S, 1 pkt walkers crisps, 1 slice of tiger bread with marg, a chicken & chorizo flatbread wrap from a bar/restaurant, still going that only took me till 3pm lol...... full box of mint matchmakers and 2 slice of full size wholemeal bread with marg!!!!!

Jeez im totally shocked at how much crap ive ate today! i weigh in every tuesday so im dreading stepping on those scales tomorrow:( strala and kerry im another one doing it from home mainly coz i dont like the constultant that does my area but also coz im skint and cant really afford it each week.

goodluck for tomorrow ladies we can all do this XX

come on Jane.... tut tut haha, just start a fresh maybe u needed to have a binge, sometimes I feel like that and then can go for ages without anything....

well I had to go to early weigh in today 10.00 class instead of 5.30, but wooohoooooo I lost 2.5lb, thats me now under 12stone woohoooo am so pleased... but have a feeling its cause I went to morning class but ah well am celebrating anyway lol

but its a friends birthday in work I have already had a cupcake and we are going out for dinner later, but I am planning on having fish so hopefully all is not lost lol....

Hannah at the gym i TRY (haha) to do cross trainer for 20 minutes, bike for 15 minutes and then brisk walk up hill on treadmill for 20minutes with 2kg arm weights,if I have any enegry I try to do some leg weights or something depends how motivated I am, do u do exercise If so what?
I then use the fitness ball when I get home and do some sit ups...

good luck today with any weigh ins :)

come on jane u can do it...

Jane!! Tut tut tut! 100% from now on! Next time you are tempted just think about all the hard work and effort you've put in to losing weight so far! A few weeks back I ate so healthily for 3 weeks straight then just ate everything I saw and ruined all my good work in the last few days of the fourth week! It put me back four weeks! I've started telling myself that the cookie or what ever it is wil still be there when I've lost weight and I'll enjoy it even more at target! So come on increase that will power! We have faith in you!

I go to the gym, as its right next door! Do an hour and 20 mins most days, which mostly compromises of: 30 mins cross trainer, 10 mins stepper, 30 mins uphill fast paced walking on treadmill and 10 mins on rower, although I do mix it up! Love the gym, just have to get the discipline back to get up in the cold mornings as I'm finding it hard doing the whole lot every evening! My flat looks a mess! Lol!

Had a sneak peek at my scales this morning, as I didn't go to weigh in last night, and yay! 11 stone! 6lbs off! (big loss is due to this being the first week if me doing slimming world for a while, so I was going to go back to what I was before) Yay!

I started SW for the first time on monday. Previously I have been on WW but I found this time round it didnt work for me so Im hoping this is the something new I need. I would love any advice or tips from people as I am still trying to work it all out and hate meetings so doing it with my husband. My goal is to lose 2stone 5lb by Xmas to take me down to take me down to 10 stone.

Can someone just clarify something...I can eat as much pasta or rice as I like on a green day and will still lose weight???

Back