Anyone want to be a solo slim buddy starting January 1, 2013?

Rachelsmom

Hi,
Am new on this site. I weigh 17 stone, and am 5 feet 2 inches tall. And, 50 years old in January. I have tried WW and SW in the past, but with limited success. I have several medical conditions e.g. arthritis and take injections in order to walk as my right knee joint is gone! So, exercise is not possible for me? I ordered my first box of solo slim and want to begin after the holidays. I know very little about this diet plan. I just admire Rosemary very much, and do not want to give in to despair? I was once a nurse and very, very healthy. I have not measured myself, but am mentally trying to prepare for the new way of living. Does anyone know what we eat for breakfast, and what if anything we add to the prepared meals, etc. I would really love a diet buddy or several....LOL....being disabled and overweight after a productive life is very hard to accept. In any event, thank you for your time, and best of wishes to all!

Hi and welcome. I've just popped in to say I know where you are coming from regarding the knee. I need a knee replacement and have done since 2001 when it was damaged in an injury. I can't have a replacement until I'm at least 50. I'm still only 44. I then developed osteoarthritis which left me in agony and no cartilage. I haven't exercised for years until this last 12 months but now I do.

I started off at my heaviest at 19 1 1/2 stone. I'm now 13:5. I do exercise now. I found out that for every pound of weight you lose you take 4 lb of pressure of your knees and its so true. That was one hell of a motivator for me.

I have gone from walking with sticks and having a blue disabled parking badge and on lots of very strong painkilling drugs to taking only paracetamol every now and again and wearing a knee brace and walking miles, cycling, going to the gym and swimming.

Don't presume you can never exercise. Lose some weight and you'll find a difference. It's amazing how losing weight improves your knees

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi I just wanted to say good luck. I'm always lurking around this forum so will be seeing how you're getting on :)

Solo slim seems like a very effective diet and from other users I've heard the food packs taste great. I always make sure I have rosemary conley cheese in the fridge lol, its lovely just like cheddar. From what I've heard you can have a normal breakfast, such as cereal with milk from allowance or toast etc. You could use the cheese for breakfast or as part of your lunch or dinner. If you don't drink milk you can have a low fat yoghurt instead I believe- there's lots of info on the website.
Rosemary conley is a very simple and enjoyable plan, and although exercise is beneficial you can definitely lose without

Anyway I just wanted to say good luck, and hopefully hear of your progress in the new year x

Back