anyone want to join me in giving up chocolate?

Lisa123

Silver Member
Hi, I have decided I have to give up chocolate. I just can't stop eating it once I start. I'm so ashamed of myself. Today I ate four dairy mills (thin ones) and a toffee crisp (i don't know why, wasnt even hungry). Have decided I'm not going to use syns on chocolate as I just binge on it. I feel so sick now. Also I find as I started with a bad day I have just eaten rubbish all day including 1/2 pack of liqurise all sorts, two packs of crisps, cheese sandwich .... not good. Has anyone successfully given up chocolate ? Any idea on how to ne put off it. I gave up smoking and coke (drinking cola lol) with no problem. Anyone want to join me? X

Hi, I have decided I have to give up chocolate. I just can't stop eating it once I start. I'm so ashamed of myself. Today I ate four dairy mills (thin ones) and a toffee crisp (i don't know why, wasnt even hungry). Have decided I'm not going to use syns on chocolate as I just binge on it. I feel so sick now. Also I find as I started with a bad day I have just eaten rubbish all day including 1/2 pack of liqurise all sorts, two packs of crisps, cheese sandwich .... not good. Has anyone successfully given up chocolate ? Any idea on how to ne put off it. I gave up smoking and coke (drinking cola lol) with no problem. Anyone want to join me? X
i am exactly the same once i start i cant stop . . i think ill just ave a rocky bar next thing ive eaten 4 . . . i stopped smokin 15yrs a go no problem and never started again but chocolate !!!!! i just cant do it . . . i gave it up for lent last year and made it to easter (but ate crisp n sweets instead)but i just cant seem to be able to do it again . . . but gud luk with it ill keep my fingers crossed for u xx

Cant help you as I don't like chocolate ... Honest!

Good luck with it though, as Ive seen other people do it, and its been hard at first, I think getting through your first week, and looking at when you eat it and what you are doing just before you decide to go ahead and eat it, then try and keep yourself away from that situation by doing something else.

Lisa

one word ....NO !!!!

good luck with it though :D

hahahaha. . . . rnt u even gunna think about it determinator? i thought bout it . . . .for a second . . . then decided im grumpy enuf without givin chocolate up . . . id either get sacked or do my hubby in or possibly the kids pmsl ( only jokin . . . . . . bout the kids ;-})

Last edited:
hahahaha. . . . rnt u even gunna think about it determinator? i thought bout it . . . .for a second . . . then decided im grumpy enuf without givin chocolate up . . . id either get sacked or do my hubby in or possibly the kids pmsl ( only jokin . . . . . . bout the kids ;-})
lol , it keeps me sane in the evening , I save all my syns up and have a kit kat or time out every evening ..
now biscuits ...I need to give up biscuits ..wish i could throw the damn biscuit tin in the river , but the kids love them ....if I even sniff one ...the whole tin disappears down my throat ... like last night :cry::cry: grrrrrrrr

nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooo:8855: are you mad??????? lol

I started on Tuesday with the diet and gave up chocolate. Ok i slipped up yesterday and had 3 choc fingers but for me that is really good i eat so much chocolate usualy especially because i work shifts!!

I decided to give up Chocolate for Lent because I couldn't stop eating it!! :rolleyes:

By the time Lent was over I'd forgotten I had "given" it up and had really gone off the idea, and other than 2 roses and 4 mikados since Lent, I haven't had any chocolate, and had no urges for it either.

Its bizarre but I really don't want it at all!! :p

D xx

you don't seem to be having much look finding a buddie to give up with you..... :0 wonder why ?? mmmmm

lisa x

dizzydawnie said:
I decided to give up Chocolate for Lent because I couldn't stop eating it!! :rolleyes:

By the time Lent was over I'd forgotten I had "given" it up and had really gone off the idea, and other than 2 roses and 4 mikados since Lent, I haven't had any chocolate, and had no urges for it either.

Its bizarre but I really don't want it at all!! :p

D xx

Well done, has it made a difference to ur weight loss? What have u used in replacement ?

Not a chocolate monster myself I'm afraid (unless I see any lying around the house looking lonely) but I do make cocoa using a whole tablespoon of powder (two and a half syns) and remainder of milk from HXa, no sweetener, and this tastes good to me! Sad I know.....

If it's a real chocolate craving as opposed to the sweetness of choccy bars, have you tried the very high cocoa percentage ones? Like 70 or 85%? You can get boxes of 85% batons from Hotel Chocolat - some local stores but also online - and might find that just enjoying one of these (baton not box!) does the trick. Good luck:)

Last edited:
I've done it, gave it up for lent, now just have some occasionally cause I can. Just take it one day at a time and good luck

My choc options every night with the rest of my milk allowance does the trick and only 2 syns. Really chocolatey and stops the craving.

Well I thought about having a choc moose instead but will go cold turkey instead. Think I'm going to buy some low fat crisps instead.

Back