Anyone who stopped a VLCD after falling pregnant

fatfighter

wannabe yummy mummy
Have you managed to avoid gaining too much weight back or has it piled on? :eek: I'm 8 weeks and have STS for a month but I can't help but worry I'm going to end up as big as I was before I started CD :cry:
Please share your experiences :)

Hi and Congratulations!
I am just under what I was when I started my CD journey.. but am now 33 weeks pregnant so at least a stone is baby etc I'd say. I'll be able to tell you more in December! lol
BUT.. having said all that, I've been AWFUL from before I found out I was pregnant! lol I went on holiday and blew the diet, so gained half a stone straight off.

If you want to 'watch your weight' or continue losing then Slimming World is your next step and will keep you on track.

Look forward to seeing you around the board etc.

Thanks for replying. I know i shouldn't even be stressing but it's so hard!
I'm just trying to be sensible but at the moment I'm grazing and not eating proper meals but hopefully that'll sort itself out soon!
Eeek you've only got 7 weeks left, hope you're getting organised :)

You're more than welcome Vickie, and you'll find most of us here have been concerned about our weight. It's natural given what brings us together on this board in the first place!
I think the key thing is to remember is to be 'good' when you can and not beat yourself up if you can't. If my baby arrives on time I'll still end the year lighter than I began it and with a baby to show for it! :D Not a bad place to be! lol

And yes.. 7 weeks to go! Seems like forever sometimes but I know it'll pass so quickly. You'll be saying the same thing when you get to my stage! I remember how FAR away it seemed when I was at your gestation but now it seems like yesterday! lol
Thankfully I'm not too far off being 'organised' lol though I think I'll still have last minute bits to get when baby has arrived! :p

Hi Vickie i have put on a stone and im only 13 weeks lol, been a bit lapse really, but started back at the gym last fri so hopefully moving in the right direction.Great advice from PH and Kirsty, thats what im trying to do too !!

Thanks for your replies girls, I knew there was a few of you who stopped doing a VLCD when you got your BFP's (too many abbreviations :eek: lol) so just wanted to see what your experiences are really. I think for me being sensible is the way forward, only hope the next 7 months are not too disastrous weight wise! :rolleyes:

whatever happens weight wise, having a 7lb or whatever baby in your arms will soon make you forget! ((hugs)) and the great thing is we KNOW VLCD's work.. personally I'll just be being careful not to fall pregnant again as am overjoyed by this baby - but wouldn't be so hot on having another! lol

Hi hunni,

Congratualtions!!

I lost 4 stone on SS and have put about 2 stone back on so far, the weight is really flying on lately and i can only blame myself, every morning i think - right today is the day - and then end up eatin a ripple and a bag of crisps or something...

but there we go, long as baby is happy and healthy (my stretch marks can always be hidden) im happy!

xxxx

Back