Anyone with 7 stone ish to lose?

Hi, I'm new here and I'm looking for a buddy with around 6 to 8 stone to lose to keep each other motivated. I've tried all the other diets but really want to adopt a healthy way of eating for life. I'm sticking to around 1500 calories a day (will reduce this over time) and trying to exercise as much as I can with the kids around. Once they are back in school/nursery I'll have more free time to do swimming etc so just trying to be as active as possible in the hols.
I'm 30 in November 2010 and really want to get to my goal for then, before if possible. Anyway, if there is anyone in a similar boat to me then please post here so we can give each other a boost, compare stories and successes xx

Hi MT! I haven't got that much weight to lose now - done 5 and now just wanting to shift another stone or so but really wanted to wish you the best of luck! It seems a daunting task at first and when I started back in January the months loomed ahead of me. I honestly can't believe I'm 7 months in and have lost so much weight - the time has flown! If I can do it anyone can!

Hey I just wanted to echo Nic's welcome. I'm in a similar position to Nic, as I have already lost nearly 6 stone so the bulk of my loss is done. It is hard work but stick at it there is loads of support in this forum.

Good luck

Im looking to lose a further 6 stone. I feel I have hit a plateau with slimming world, so going with Calorie counting now.... Im quite excited!!!

Hi everyone, thanks for all your messages. It's really good to hear that you've done so well, Nic and Debzi, have you done this with calorie counting alone?
Big Trev and Auburn, looks like we're in similar situations, lets try and keep in touch and encourage each other, I know I need all the help I can get, lol x

Hi, I've got 8ish stone to lose and am struggling bad! Earlier this week I even started thinking of gastric bands!

I have lost 5 stone before but gained it all back and then some :cry: I lost before with healthy eating and portion control, just struggling to kick start this time..I need help :sigh:

I know how you feel RainbowRose. I got down to around 12 stone after having my first baby and then it all went back on with the 2nd, he's 3 now and I'm still struggling to kick start this weight loss. I'm determined to do it this time. I've been reading around this website and it has given me some real motivation to do it.
I'm going to update my weight loss every monday to keep track of it and hope that it keeps me on track. Good luck with your weightloss too, keep in touch x

Hi everyone, thanks for all your messages. It's really good to hear that you've done so well, Nic and Debzi, have you done this with calorie counting alone?
Big Trev and Auburn, looks like we're in similar situations, lets try and keep in touch and encourage each other, I know I need all the help I can get, lol x

I have done it all through cc yes! So I'm proof that it really can be done!

Me too - just calorie counting and walking.
It can be done if you are determined enough. I have found that routine is key - get yourself organised and into a routine then it's a whole lot easier

Thanks Debzi and Nic, really good to know that it is possible. I intend to do lots of walking too, and running around after my little ones. I'm using the summer holidays to get a bit more active and then once the kids are back at school and nursery I'll be able to get into some more structured exercise! Just the weekend to get through then weigh-in on Monday. Kind of looking forward to it, I feel like I've done pretty well this week so just hoping it will show on the scales!

I'm weighing in on Monday too and hoping for a loss - the last few weeks have been horrible with only 1lb lost in 3 weeks! I'm not holding my breath though as I'm ravenous as it 'the week before' and I've been eating more. Oh well......

Good luck with yours though!!

good luck, how are you getting on hun?
i have lost 6 and have another 6 to lose so we should keep in touch and motivate one another.
xx

Wow Laurie, congrats on the 6 you've lost.
I've been getting on ok thanks. Have been sticking to 1500 calories a day and drinking gallons of water. Wish I could exercise more but finding it hard with the kids home from school. The weather has been pants so my plans of walking to the park every day have gone out the window :(
Hoping I'll have a good WI tomorrow despite the lack of exercise,
Keep in touch xx

First week is over and I've lost 4lbs! Really pleased that it's worked, was a bit sceptical cos even though I'm counting calories I still seemed to be eating quite a lot of food! It's done the job though.
Goal for this week is to up the exercise! xx

Great news - well done you! It's lovely to get a flying start - keeps you motivated for the week ahead!

haven't spoken to you for a while - hope you're OK mummy tummy??

How's the cal counting and exercise going??

I'm not weighing til 31st, so that'll be a monthly weighing in then!! Let you know how I get on!

Just wanted to stop by and say hi! and see how you're getting on

xxxx

Hi MT, I have about 4 stone to lose. I agree i am finding it difficult to exercise with the kids at home, was going for a little run this evening but was knackered by 7.30.

Hi MT

I've got 7 stone to lose to get me back to what I was before I ever had children, but I'm just concentrating on losing 5 stone at the moment. I'm basically calorie counting (using Rosemary Conley's low-fat principles), drinking more water, and intend to up my exercise once the kids are back at school. My time frame is similar to yours - I'd love to have made a huge difference in about 14 months.

Good luck - I hope your second week is as successful as your first.

Back