Anyone with a Tefal Actifry - help please ..

loughpet

Hi,

I am thinking of buying one of these today . Does anyone know if you can use fry light as your oil for the actifry or does it have to be real oil ??

Also are these any good and wat can you cook in them sw friendly.

Sorry for all the questions it just there quite expensive and want to be sure before I buy.

Thanks

I always use frylight in my Actifry and works well.I love my Actifry.I gave cooked roasted veggie's i.e onions,pepper's and parsnips etc.Also cooked boneless chicken thigh's.

Diane :)

Ooo didnt know you could use frylight in it I usually use my HE olive oil will deffo have to use frylight from now on woop woop

I love mine. According to the book that came with it you can "dry fry" things with no oil at all if you want, but haven't tried that. It does work with Fry Light, but I would rather save a HEB option and use 2tbsp olive oil (to serve me and partner) because the chips it makes with real oil are so nice. I use it for most meals I make now: just whack a load of veg in it and have them on the side with some Quorn or fish, or stir them into a pasta or curry sauce made from passata and herbs/spices. I love the roasted flavour and the fact I don't need to bother parboiling anything.

BTW, you may be able to get a cheaper one off ebay: I got mine second hand from an ebay seller but in as new condition and with the box and manuals etc, for £80 (inc delivery).

Spicy sweet potato wedges are another favourite!

What about potatoes cut in Chips in the acti fry with fry light - are we allowed to do this and has anyone tried it

I have tried all the various options now;)

I firmly believe that although fry light can be used in the actifry (no syns) as someone else mentioned it is much better to use extra virgin olive oil as your HEX B instead for a better flavour.

Don't forget to use Maris Piper potatoes too!

Yes, potatoes chipped in the actifry are the same as SW-style chips only better, tastier, no need to turn them and no need to par-boil. Remember 1 spoon of oil does 2.2lb of potatoes (roast or chipped) so if you are are only doing 1lb or 1/2lb you can reduce to half or even quarter of a spoon (provided) of oil.

Just a pity it wasn't cheaper lol

I'd really like one of these but can't afford the expense at the moment, plus I have a very small kitchen and nowhere to put it :-( however, my birthday is over the bank holiday in May, and OH keeps promising to build me some extra cupboards, so maybe I'll have an extra special birthday present :) must admit that chips are something I have missed, and didn't realise all the other things you can do in them; the sweet potato wedges sound lovely.

One question tho - does it make your house smell like other fryers can?

I'd really like one of these but can't afford the expense at the moment, plus I have a very small kitchen and nowhere to put it :-( however, my birthday is over the bank holiday in May, and OH keeps promising to build me some extra cupboards, so maybe I'll have an extra special birthday present :) must admit that chips are something I have missed, and didn't realise all the other things you can do in them; the sweet potato wedges sound lovely.

One question tho - does it make your house smell like other fryers can?

Absolutely not! that is another great pay-off. It does give a faintly sort of mild smell - not overbearing at all.

Even converted others to Actifry chips instead of deep fat fried ones.

One thing I found when using fry light is to coat the chips before putting them in the Actifry. I use a colander, just give them a shake around as you're spraying them.

Can I ask a question without sounding thick?!?!?!?

Why do you actually need these when you can cook everything just the same in the oven???

Only reason I ask is after reading on here about them I looked & mentioned them to my hubby. He not only pointed out that my kitchen is full to bursting with lots of un-used gadgets, but that what's the point when I can use the oven???

They make the most amazing low syn chips or syn free if you use fry light. The chips dont taste like oven chips they taste real plus it just gets on with it while you are doing other things no shaking or checking like you do with oven chips.
xx

You don't actually need one, but they make things so easy I wouldn't be without mine now.

I know you don't need it, but in what way does it make it easier? What do you actually cook in yours?

They make the most amazing low syn chips or syn free if you use fry light. The chips dont taste like oven chips they taste real plus it just gets on with it while you are doing other things no shaking or checking like you do with oven chips.
xx

I TBH just cook mine in the oven along with what ever else I am making. I tend to chilli roast them too so always find them tasty! :D

I worry any tastier then I will over indulge!!!! lol

Back