Anyone with Arthritis?

Jelliebabe

Gold Member
I have psoriatic arthritis which affects several of my joints. It's been really well under control for the past year, but the past couple of days I've been having a lot more pain. One of my fingers is swollen, several of my joints ache and my I'm really tired :sigh:

Does anyone else on the diet have an inflammatory type arthritis and do you find the diet affects it in any way? I am guessing I am just having a flare but could it be to do with absorbtion of my meds or vitamins or summat an summat....

I guess it's a possibility. Some folks report that they have flares of eczema when doing the diet (though others say it's made it clear right up!)

But it's just as likely to be a coincidence. You've been on Cambridge for a few weeks, so why now? Maybe it's weather related?

Hi I have ra and so far no change (touch wood) I am now into my 3rd week on ss, I only had 21lbs to loose so nearly there, I wish you well and hope your journey is pain free x

Lily said:
I guess it's a possibility. Some folks report that they have flares of eczema when doing the diet (though others say it's made it clear right up!)

But it's just as likely to be a coincidence. You've been on Cambridge for a few weeks, so why now? Maybe it's weather related?

You're right. It's most likely to just be a random flare. My rheumatologist isn't going to be happy! Don't have to go until end of April so I mat get it under control by then.... or else it could be the dreaded steroids! Eeeeek

My bf controls his with high doses of omega 3 or 6, can't remember which. He has had huge improvements with it so maybe a supplement? He takes about 3x rda but there is no risk from high doses apparently.

I'm sure I read a couple of years back that Cambridge can either cause or trigger gout in some people. Uric acid levels I think - can't remember the details as to why.

Not sure if gout is in any way comparable to your type of arthritis but it might be worth checking out a possible link - just in case.

My husband had his first proper attack of gout whilst on SS+. It is likely he was prone to it anyway as his family have a history of arthritis, but it was indeed something about a build up of uric acid due to eating lots of protein.

You may find it sorts itself out, but hubby had to go up to step 3 to introduce some more variety in his diet. He is still losing, but obviously it is slower.

Jelliebabe said:
I have psoriatic arthritis which affects several of my joints. It's been really well under control for the past year, but the past couple of days I've been having a lot more pain. One of my fingers is swollen, several of my joints ache and my I'm really tired :sigh:

Does anyone else on the diet have an inflammatory type arthritis and do you find the diet affects it in any way? I am guessing I am just having a flare but could it be to do with absorbtion of my meds or vitamins or summat an summat....

Hi there, how are you doing? Have your joints cleared up yet? I have RA and one of my wrists has decided to flare up after countless years of it behaving, and I'm feeling a familiar ache in other joints from time to time. I'm doing Exante this round as I can't afford CD as my hubby is doing it too. So does it look like a coincidence or the diet might not be agreeing with you? I started on the equivalent of SS but Ended up so ill with it, dizzy, even more tiredness than usual and have had to have a meal once a day. Losses are slow, exercise is non existent.

I searched for arthritis and your thread came up so I thought I'd send a wee reply. On my phone so I hope it all makes sense ;)

Hope it's just been a small glitch for you x

Hi Mrs fbb! Now I did Cambridge before and I improved with my joint pain . I think its coincidence that I'm not doing so well atm. I seem to be a little worse this week. I actually wore my wrist support on Sat and am feeling a bit stiff walking. But hey I'm still not bad on the arthritis scale at all! Sorry you're having a flare up too! :(

Back