Anyones OH not supportive of SW?

LovelyLisa2012

My other half has been a total meany tonight. He said im eating to much even though i have explained the diet. I'm actually not eating to much because i entered everything into myfitnesspal and im eating under what they recommend.

I said to him tonight "im peckish might have a yougart" and he said "you're meant to be peckish it's a diet, i wish you would just stick at something" so he is in the bad books :-(

Looking forward to Wed now so I can prove after WI it works

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I do it to show him im not over eating :-/

I do it at night though when im done with food so it doesnt effect choices an i dont obsess over calories

BigLisa, I wouldn't worry too much about how many calories you're eating, as SW doesn't have anything to do with calorie counting whatsoever. It actually IS low in calories, but please don't get too carried away with calorie counting!
As for your OH, I would smack him upside the head! My OH is incredibly supportive of me in whatever I do, and SW is no exception. He's taken to trying out all the recipes in the books and mags and the whole house normally eats what I eat.

My partner is generally very supportive, tonight he had the parmesan crusted chicken out of the SW magazine ready and waiting for me when I got home :) He tends to save the takeaways for when i'm working night shifts which suits me fine, out of sight, out of mind! I couldn't do it if he were judging me all the time! x

I do it at night though when im done with food so it doesnt effect choices an i dont obsess over calories

i jus went onto that site coz i dint no what it was..entered what i had eaten today and it made me feel rubbish! i looked at the calories and thought god that looks loads but then jus thought to myself actally no i no on SW im doin great!! dont get hung up on calorie counting! as long as u follow ur SW books recipes and no ur healty extras and syns you'll do great xxx

I use mfp for my food diary. I don't pay any attention to calories on it but I don't think it can hurt to have an awareness of how many I'm consuming on a long term basis. An awareness is all it is though, I just find the app handy to record it all & log syns in 'food notes'. Easy to look back at & to update so nothing gets forgotten.

As for hubby, he supports me but won't eat the same thing 2 nights running & we have quite diff tastes. Mostly he eats sw meals with me but once or twice a week he has non-sw tea (usually m&s meal deal or something) & I eat sw leftovers which I'm more than happy doing. It works for us & he then doesn't feel like I've put him on a diet & gets to eat what he wants still, lol! He worries about me dieting as I had issues when I was younger but likes me doing sw as he says he's never seen me eat so much & be so healthy & happy in myself. x

my partner is thin always has been..he hardly east any fruit and veg no matter how hard i try! so i dont get to share my meals really..i have started gvin my 2yr old loads more veggies as i dont want him not eatin them like his dad!
i might try the diet coke chicken see if he'll eat that?

Feeling really blessed reading threads like these. My hubby is quite happy to eat SW meals. He is supportive of me and will eat other stuff if he wants when I'm not about. Surely the whole point of a relationship is to support each other no matter what.
If he hasn't read the SW books how can he claim you aren't following the plan. Grrrrrrr! Hugs xx

My other half has been a total meany tonight. He said im eating to much even though i have explained the diet. I'm actually not eating to much because i entered everything into myfitnesspal and im eating under what they recommend.

I said to him tonight "im peckish might have a yougart" and he said "you're meant to be peckish it's a diet, i wish you would just stick at something" so he is in the bad books :-(

Looking forward to Wed now so I can prove after WI it works

When he realises that you lose weight despite eating loads, then we starts being supportive. Good luck.

On the subject of myfitnesspal, I gotta say I love it n do enter my food n exercise in there. With certain food like pasta I would eat huge bowls of it so I do tend to weigh out my portions. On ww a large portion was 60g dried...that's not enough in my opinion, I like double or triple that lol. But if u burn more cals than u consume u lose weight, so I like entering my food n exercise in fitnesspal. It also tells u if ur under eating x

Don't worry about it BigLisa, being 19, I had a lot of friends ready to take the p**s out of me. They've all stayed silent since losing all this weight ;-). I think because Slimming World doesn't follow the stereotypical view of a diet, lots of exercise and salad.

Time will prove you right and as a man, I can say, he is just being a typical man.

What makes him think that you are meant to be peckish/hungry because you are on a diet?
Have you actually explained how the plan works, maybe then he will be a bit more understanding/supportive.

You shouldn't have to show him your food diary on my fitness pal to prove anything! You are doing slimming world as a positive life style change not to be scrutinised! My other half loves slimming world food and he can't believe how much you can eat and what and still lose weight! For the the first few months he kept saying "I can't believe eggs are free" the point is this is your choice you are not inflicting it on anyone else and you don't have to prove to anyone whether the plan works or not!
Enjoy your food stick to the plan and watch the weight come off! The feeling of watching the scales moving in the right direction is better than anything!!

Have a good day!

X

Are you doing SW as your profile suggests you're following Exante?...:confused:

My OH is also very supportive! Even though he is already very slim and according to the bmi chart he is 2 stone underweight! But all of his brothers are the same! My OH has been doing slimming world with me because he wants to eat more fruit and veg! But also carrying on with his consumption of crap! He normally comes home with these double chocolate giant cookies which I have now said have to stay by the front door! And not allowed in the house lol as they are delicious! He learnt the hard way the other week when he discovers they where landed in the bin !

Maybe if you've done a few diets he is trying to be supportive? Men are 'fixers' and like to give you the benefit of their 'wisdom'!

MFP is a fab food diary it knocks the rubbish Slimming World one into a cocked hat!

Back