anything to take for a sore throat?

lady24

Silver Member
I woke up this morning! and my throat was absolutely killing me, i cant swallow it hurts that much, im managing 'just' to get my shakes down, as far as water goes ive only managed 2 pint as the pain is getting worse :( . its to late to call my chemist to speak with them so thought id post here , im wondering if theres anything i can take for it?

any advice or tips to get rid of it quickly would be much appreciated

thankyou xx

the only thing you can take is paracetamol, i asked this morning in the pharmacy cause Ive got it too. I suggest a hot water bottle and lots of hot tea. Hope you feel better doll xx

Paracetamol for sure....when I had a bad cough I asked at chemist and was allowed to use medicines suitable for diabetics.......definately ask at the chemist and see what they reccommend that will not affect your diet too much.....hope you feel better soon xx

Gargle with salt and water hun!!

Hi, I'm in week 7 and I had the same around week 2. It lasted for about a week and a half but did eventually go away entirely. I found that switching to bottled sparkling water helped to ease the pain. The bubbles seemed to numb the roof of my mouth at the back and the neutral ph level of the bottled water (being less acidic than tap water) seemed to alleviate the symptoms.
Stick with it.....I promise you it will go away.
Pam x

Back