Apologies in advance... Toilet issues

Rissole76

Ok so apologies in advance but want to know if anyone else has slowed right down in the number 2 dept?! I used to be very regular but since starting I have slowed right down to once maybe twice a week!! I have started adding bran to my brekky to try regulate, and I always have loads of green veg with my protein meal but to no avail? Anyone else have this? I'm drinking more than 3 litres of water everyday so just don't know what is going on!

I had to take dulcolax on Tuesday night, after not going for 6 days. This happens to me every time I do a vlcd. I hate it but will just have to put up with it.

I weighed myself before and after the dulcolax worked on Wednesday morning. Not the easiest way to lose 1.8lbs!

Rissole76 said:
Ok so apologies in advance but want to know if anyone else has slowed right down in the number 2 dept?! I used to be very regular but since starting I have slowed right down to once maybe twice a week!! I have started adding bran to my brekky to try regulate, and I always have loads of green veg with my protein meal but to no avail? Anyone else have this? I'm drinking more than 3 litres of water everyday so just don't know what is going on!

I'm exactly the same I feel like I need it though some days but can't actually go :/
Happened on lipotrim for me too though I got used to it x

Happens to many people - less in less out :). I have to resort to taking Dulcolax Pico Perles when on a VLCD otherwise I don't go and then it's absolute agony, so I take the Pico Perles twice a week to ensure that doesn't happen. Some people use fibre supplements or bran etc. but unfortunately they don't work for me. Everything returns to normal when I stop though so I'm not too bothered about using them for the time that I'm on a VLCD.

Same here. I've been going about 90% less. But it's true less in less out. I take psyllium husk tablets (from Holland and Barrett) every day before my first shake with morning vitamins. I also have some laxis to help if need be. I think it's just natural to stop going when you aren't eating a load of crap. ;) I went 2-4 times a day before.

Last edited:
Can highly recommend benefibre, if you've not tried it before it is a powder, you put a teaspoon in your water (its completely tasteless and odourless)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MiniMins

I am only going about 2 times a week. It doesn't bother me, it's just sometimes I wish I could 'go' before getting on the scales lol.

Actually, one thing I do find that bothers me is when I do feel the need to go I have to strain really hard otherwise nothing happens (really sorry about that, way tmi).

I have taken Senokot max strength about 3 times so far, but it doesn't really do anything (and that's after a few days of not going). I might try the Dulcolax Pico Perles.

i go with what dirtee says benefibre works pretty good if taken regularly....and this is coming from someone with serious loo issues for about 20 years

Happens to many people - less in less out :). I have to resort to taking Dulcolax Pico Perles when on a VLCD otherwise I don't go and then it's absolute agony, so I take the Pico Perles twice a week to ensure that doesn't happen. Some people use fibre supplements or bran etc. but unfortunately they don't work for me. Everything returns to normal when I stop though so I'm not too bothered about using them for the time that I'm on a VLCD.
Same here, I am usually a very regular girl, tried senna but nothing tried the Dulcolax and next morning boy did I have a clear out but feel much better now, so will be taking them twice a week from now on.

Back