App on what phone?

Crunchy

Am considering switching to WW but would also want to use the app on my phone. I need to get a new phone, can anyone tell me what phone you have that the WW app works on?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi I have an iPhone 4 and use an app called ultimate food diary, you can get it on android too. One of payment of £1.99 and it's free to use forever. It's exactly the same as pro points system. Iv lost 7lb in 2 weeks using that. Good luck :D

I have Samsung Galaxy s2 and ultimate diary works on that look for it in google play its a red heart with a cross in it. The ww app is a pain for me I dont like it. Plus you have to pay monthly for it.

ive got a nokia lumia 800 windows phone, ive paid for it but cant download it,
i guess its not the right phone for it :cry:
Anyone got any ideas please?

Just a word of warning, I've found it very hard to move from an iphone to Android. Admittedly I have a fairly crap Samsung Ace but I'm going back to Apple as soon as I possibly can. I'm sure Android is great but if you've ever had an iphone, it's a tough move to make!

I have the android ww app (it's the German one, I'm not sure the UK version is out?) but it's really not very good. The thing that really irritates me is that the decimal point on the calculator doesn't work so I have to round up and down and I don't think that's particularly accurate. The other thing applies to most Android apps - they aren't designed for a specific screen size so they don't always appear properly. On the ww app, the text spills out of the buttons because the text isn't scaled down to fit the screen in the same way that the buttons etc. are. It has improved slightly with updates but it drives me crazy especially as the iphone app is so much better.

/rant.

Oh yes! And not all apps are compatible with all phones. And there's no itunes tv style service. The movies that come up on my google play store look terrible! This may just be a Germany thing though, the UK might be fine.

I've never had any trouble with an android app myself (but my phone is a higher spec than the ave so maybe that's why?).
I couldn't have an iPhone because it's not open source and I think it's a rip off (I am a software developer though so maybe it's a case of me being nerdy and wanting to "access" the entire phone heehee).

You want a good free app though there is one called WWDiary. There is a calculator called WWCalcUK too - search for these and see how you get on with them :)

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I've never had any trouble with an android app myself (but my phone is a higher spec than the ave so maybe that's why?).
I couldn't have an iPhone because it's not open source and I think it's a rip off (I am a software developer though so maybe it's a case of me being nerdy and wanting to "access" the entire phone heehee).

I think on a higher spec android, it's probably fine but I miss how everything just worked on my iphone. I definitely see the advantages of a phone being open source but I just want the thing to work without me having to root it!

dominoes said:
I think on a higher spec android, it's probably fine but I miss how everything just worked on my iphone. I definitely see the advantages of a phone being open source but I just want the thing to work without me having to root it!

I was thinking its probably the spec of the phone yeah! If I wanted to do with the iPhone what I can do with this one then I'd have to jailbreak it anyway so I just said feck it and got a cheaper android one hehe ;)
I understand your frustration though!

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Back