Appalled:(

minxie

One day at a time!
This week I have had to visit another group as I couldn't go to my usual class. I think the group leader is fairly new to the class but has other classes elsewhere. I was so shocked last night when she said "so and so (giving their name) in my such and such group (telling us where) is about 30stones and ......."

I couldn't believe my ears - the other group is only a mile or two up the road and I have certainly been to a class or two there in the past (prior to this new leader). How can she tell us that - we might even know the poor lady.

On a happier note I did really well and got slimmer of the week:) which is a bit amazing for me as I've struggled so much lately.

That's outrageous! What a breach of confidentiality... Well done on winning slimmer of the week by the way. But that leader - no way is that acceptable.

That is so against slimming world rules is unbelievable! God I hate for my c to talk about me like that she lives 2 streets away! I'm sure one of the advertised thing is they'll never disclose your weight or make you feel small! She needs reporting to head office or at the very least taking aside and told this is out of order

i too am appalled by the consultants actions... both as a group member and as a consultant its probably in the top 3 NONO's what happened to no humiliation and confidentuality (sp) to name just 2.....
if she carries on like that she wont have many stay to image therapy let alone sign in.
even if she is a new consultant she would have had the best up to date training at HO
im really curious who she is now.....dont tell me on here though please

Thanks everyone - I was wondering whether or not to phone head office and you have made up my mind for me! I'll give them a ring later this morning - this is not a huge city but a medium sized town, lucky enough to have several classes to choose from, so it is very likely that someone at class would know of this other lady, who would probably be devastated that her weight is just being bandied about:(

Personally I would phone Head office and put in a complaint. This is a breach of something that is supposed to be kept confidential. SW always make a big thing of how your weight is confidential.

If a consultant revealed my weight to a whole class, regardless of whether it was my class or any other one, I would be absolutely livid.

I agree this sounds awful and completely against SW rules.
Giving the consultant the benefit of the doubt, I wonder if the lady mentioned may have given permission for her name and weight to be used?
Even if she had the consultant should have mentioned that at the time and taken the opportunity to reiterate the SW policy on confidentiality to reassure everyone.

I've passed comments and complaints on the head office on a number of occaisions in the past. I think it's so important that the consultants behave professionally, and consistently with the expectations on SW, and yet the area managers only see the 'best' behaviour of consultants when they visit classes, not the normal stuff that happens in class.

Something like that naming of the other woman and talking about her weight could so easily out other members off returning - and is completely unprofessional to say the least!

Back