Appear to of gained on my first day.

lyndzi76

Gold Member
I came off a VLCD because I couldn't stick to it 100% but I have been doing SW 24 hours and have gained 3lb!!!

I'm starting to panic, has anyone been in a similar situation. If so how did it work out?

You shouldn't weigh yourself everyday, best to just do it weekly, your body fluctuates naturally. If you weigh everyday you'll drive yourself insane

lyndzi76 said:
I came off a VLCD because I couldn't stick to it 100% but I have been doing SW 24 hours and have gained 3lb!!!

I'm starting to panic, has anyone been in a similar situation. If so how did it work out?

Exact same thing happened to me, as I didn't do the maintainance part of vlcd. It will just take your body some time to adjust as its prob been in starvation type mode and trying to hang onto what you are eating, but stay with it, it will work ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Do you think next weeks WI will be a gain then?

If it is that will be embarrassing!

It wont be embarrassing at all - so dont start stressing about it. Many people who come off VLCD have the same issue, it just takes a little while for the body to adjust. And lots of people take a while to get their heads round how the plan works, all of us, pretty much do, unless we have done it before - My consultant used to regularly tell people about her first week as a member when she gained, which just goes to show - it can happen to anyone. Very normal in your circumstances, so please think nothing of it.

fifee said:
Exact same thing happened to me, as I didn't do the maintainance part of vlcd. It will just take your body some time to adjust as its prob been in starvation type mode and trying to hang onto what you are eating, but stay with it, it will work ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Your body isn't in starvation mode and hanging on to things just because someone's been on a VLCD. The gain will be water and glycerine the stuff you lose on week one of a VLCD you gain if you come off without refeed

Most people who come off a VLCD without refeeding gain but usually just the first week

lyndzi76 said:

You probably need to give it a damn sight longer than 24 hours before you start to panic! Think about it logically, you can't have actually gained 3lbs of fat in 24 hours! It's obviously just the result of moving from VLCD to SW, and whilst short term you may gain, long term you will loose!

I'd give it at least a month before you start to panic!

the way slimming world works for me is i gain weight midweek and then i suddenly lose at the end of the week. 3lbs could be the weight of fluid and food in your stomach? a loss wouldnt show after 1 day x

My advice is to go by your ONE weeky weigh in. Midweek weigh ins will only mess with your head - as it has done! Stick with it but as said above, going from a VLCD to SW is totally different so even if you didn't like week one's result it would eventually balance out, but you do need to give it at least a month.

Thanks everyone, stress cap now off. I'm going to ask DH to hide our scales.

Back