Apple Betty

Ninja

Silver Member
4085991084_f6e6d5f9b0_o.jpg

I'm not sure what this is like, but I'm making it today.

I've made it and it was lovely....I didn't have any sultanas but I had dried cranberries so I used them and I thoroughly enjoyed it..As did OH...Have some low fat custard with it.....mmmmmmmm

I've just bought the sultana's and yoghurt so I'll be making it very soon.

It's star week (as of yesterday) and I'm hoping this will satisfy the sugar, sweet craving I'm having this weekend.

I'm thinking of having it with some quark and fromage frais mixed together and sweetened with either vanilla flavouring and sweetener or with a white chocolate options sachet....haven't made my mind up yet.

BTW Mel2, don't make the same mistake I did, the recipe calls for eating apples. I now have a bag of cooking apples that I'll be making a crumble with next week....lol :rolleyes:

I did notice it said eating apples but it wont make much difference with the cooking ones. Might just need to add a bit more sweetener if they are sour. Cooking apples tend to break down a bit more when cooked than eating ones which hold their shape but think that will be the only difference.

I hve just spent the best part of 15-20 mins preparing this dessert so that it could be cooking in the oven whilst we ate our dinner. I've just gone into the kitchen with our plates to discover that the OH has turned the oven off. I was so angry I felt like sticking his head in there :mad:

It was turned off for 10 mins. I've switched it back on now but I think it may be ruined :cry:

The Betty was bloody lovely. Definitely the best SW dessert that I've had so far and only 2 syns on it's own.

The cream I made using Quark, fromage frais, white choc options sachet, vanilla flavouring and sweetener. So a little bit of everything. I just kept mixing it all together till it tasted nice and sweet....lol.

Yum sounds lovely, may give this a try. It'll be my first pudding since starting SW so I'm hoping it's as lovely as it sounds.

I made this last night and added what I thought was plenty...baked it, but found that it could have done with a bit more. As I ate mine with some frozen berries I dusted them all with a bit more sweetner and it was delicious!

How much splenda did you guys use? It just says to taste but I don't fancy dipping my finger in and tasting 8 raw eggs mixed with Muller Light to see if it's sweet enough!

This floundered me when I made it. I think I must have put about 3 tablespoons. I just tipped some in, mixed it, had a think and tipped some more in. So not really sure how much I put it. I like it sweet too.

Sorry I'm not much help. Next time I'll measure it out and let you know.

Im thinking the Toffee Mullerlight might be nice as well. Missed the toffee apples this year.

Back