Apple Betty

yes was trying to think waht it put me in mind of and i think its like an egg custard tart without the pastry but ver nice something i will def make again

For me, this was only so-so. The apples weren't cooked enough (I like them soft!) so next time I would partially cook them first. I made it for my friend who's also on SW and she didn't like it. She said it tasted like omelette. I might try it again but not sure, for me, that it was worth 4 syns for a quarter.

For me, this was only so-so. The apples weren't cooked enough (I like them soft!) so next time I would partially cook them first. I made it for my friend who's also on SW and she didn't like it. She said it tasted like omelette. I might try it again but not sure, for me, that it was worth 4 syns for a quarter.

Did you use eating apples?

It sounds to me as though you didn't sweeten it enough. I know it doesn't say how much sweetener too use, I just kept tipping sweetener in it and use plenty of cinnamon.

It definitely tastes like an egg custard.

I really enjoyed and so did my 7yr old daughter. She even asked me yesterday when I was going to make another Betty....lol.

I'll have to make another one soon. It's lovely and yet so low in syns.

Back