2 Syns on Extra Easy, Green and Original

340g/12oz eating apples
57g/2oz sultanas
8 eggs
artificial sweetener to taste
2 tsp vanilla essence
250g/9oz vanilla Mullerlight yogurt
pinch of cinnamon

1. Peel, core and slice the apples. Place into a flan dish and sprinkle on the sultanas.
2. Beat the eggs with the artificial sweetener and vanilla essence. Add the Mullerlight yogurt and beat again.
3. Pour over the apples and sultanas (allowing the mixture to sink) and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cook in a moderate oven 190°C/Gas Mark 5 until set approximately
30 minutes.
4. Serve warm or cold with sweetened quark or very low fat fromage frais

Has anyone tried this recipe ? Was it nice ????? I'm thinking of trying it, but I dont eat mullerlights so it will have to be with l/f greek yog :)

Well I took the bull by the horns ! Mine's in the oven :D

Hey I think sultanas are 4syns for 28g, so 57g of sultanas would be about 8 syns..... so it would reduce the whole recipe by 8, making it free !!

Beware though, the sultanas made it nice, without them it would just be a bit like eggy apple :(

I tried this & TBH I really didn't like it :( It was just like eggy apple - I couldn't actually eat it.

Maybe I did something wrong - but i won't try it again though it really put me off x

I too found it quite eggy but it was something sweet and dessert-like for very few syns. Perhaps it would be better with more sultanas !!!

Don't forget you have to syn cooked fruit!

Hey Rosinakathleen, I dont think this SW recipe does syn the fruit though, thats a bit weird isnt it. I'd forgotten that you'd need to syn the fruit, but in this recipe the 8syns is for the 57g of sultanas, so I dont think they've added any syns for the apple.... bit strange, unless I'm getting the numbers wrong.

Recipe is for 8 people at 2 syns each, so that is 16 syns!

Ah ha !!! Sorry I managed to get that very wrong!!! Good job you're keeping an eye on me...... now was it 15 syns I had today or 51 ???!!!???

It does seem like an awful lot of eggs, and I dont really like eggs, (can cope with egg fried rice but couldnt eat an omlette - and as for boiled/fried/poached eggs- bleugh!)

Do you think it might work with less eggs? I would like something that I can make with the hundreds of apples we have on our tree that is slightly less synful than crumble or pie.

Hi Mandy296
I guess you could play around with it and increase the amount of apples and decrease the number of eggs - to be honest it might benefit from that !! :) It does have a similar texture to an egg custard (but not quite as creamy a taste), hope that helps!

I like making compot with apples and blackberries, just stew them in a saucepan with a squeeze of lemon juice or some vanilla extract, some sweetener and some mixed spice..... really nice and not at all synful if you use the weights recommended for a healthy extra B choice :)

I bung my hex fruit in the slow cooker overnight on low and have half of it for breakfast and rest during the day when peckish!

Love the idea :) will be trying this !!

Back