Apps for the iphone

Mealboard is a great app for planning. It takes a little while to set it up but it is so worth it! You load all your recipes in (just the list of ingredients), then select which meals you will have on each day. Click a button and it creates a shopping list for you. It is not a free app but definitely worth the £1.19 :)

thanks guy's ive just downloaded the minimins ap for my i phone. x

Silvermaneuk said:
I love my iphone and I keep looking at different phones, and just cant see that they would make me as happy. I use my different apps for all sorts of things. The ones I use a lot is facebook app and minimins app. I love the recipe apps I have. I shop on ebay and amazon using the apps.Sometimes I dont even go on my laptop because of my apps. I have a normal 3G at the mo so I might upgrade to 3GS or 4 will see what the deals are when my contract is up.

I had a blackberry and raved over it, my partner just bought me an iPhone for Christmas and out of both the iPhone is defiantly the winner!

The amount of apps in general is better but also the speed of everything is better too, Facebook works in a flash unlike my blackberry where it was slow and often crashed.

I get told by my friends that I have gone to the dark side as they all still have blackberrys however the only + they have on me is blackberry messenger, and I have free texts so who cares? (I'm sure there just jealous lol)

Have a good look at both but there are better phones than a blackberry even if it's not the iPhone. (oooo I sound like I'm in phones for you trying to sell u the most expensive phone lol (I'm not I'm a teacher lol))

Good luck

Love and stuff
J x

J4N3Y said:
I had a blackberry and raved over it, my partner just bought me an iPhone for Christmas and out of both the iPhone is defiantly the winner!

The amount of apps in general is better but also the speed of everything is better too, Facebook works in a flash unlike my blackberry where it was slow and often crashed.

I get told by my friends that I have gone to the dark side as they all still have blackberrys however the only + they have on me is blackberry messenger, and I have free texts so who cares? (I'm sure there just jealous lol)

Have a good look at both but there are better phones than a blackberry even if it's not the iPhone. (oooo I sound like I'm in phones for you trying to sell u the most expensive phone lol (I'm not I'm a teacher lol))

Good luck

Love and stuff
J x

You can get an app called what app, which I think is a bit like bbm and you can message bb's and iPhone for free! X

I think SW should look in to making there website iPhone friendly.
I know alot of sites can detect when you log on via and iphone and the format changes. But as of yet I have not been able to log on to SW via my phone :( Slightly annoying... as when I was at the BoyF's the other day I needed to check a recipe out and he doesn't have a computer or the tinterweb,

Does anyone else have problems logging on the SW site via iphone? x

You can get an app called what app, which I think is a bit like bbm and you can message bb's and iPhone for free! X

Yeah i have 'Whats App' it costs 59p from AppStore for iPhone and you can link up all your Blackberry friends and iPhone friends - free texts/instant messages for life.

xxx

samwood said:

Ellebear said:
Yeah i have 'Whats App' it costs 59p from AppStore for iPhone and you can link up all your Blackberry friends and iPhone friends - free texts/instant messages for life.

xxx

Thanks for that. Think it'll work on my iPad?

*goes to look for app in app store.*

Can't find it. :(

Found their website now though and think they may be updating.

Last edited:
I have an ipod touch and the HTC Desire so i have the best of both worlds when it comes to downloading apps. It's a real pity SW don't do any form of apps since they're afraid it will take away from their groups/online franchise. :sigh:

But I would happily pay the same price for an online directory (with updates!) , and their books, just so i dont have to carry the bloody thing around with me!

Thay definately need to look at doing something for their customers :mad:

Weight Watchers have their app so I'm Slimming World be far behind!

There is an app called Angry Weight Loss Guide... it may amuse some of you :)

Is it the you tube videos? If not what is it called?!

MiniVik said:
I think SW should look in to making there website iPhone friendly.
I know alot of sites can detect when you log on via and iphone and the format changes. But as of yet I have not been able to log on to SW via my phone :( Slightly annoying... as when I was at the BoyF's the other day I needed to check a recipe out and he doesn't have a computer or the tinterweb,

Does anyone else have problems logging on the SW site via iphone? x

I've logged on a couple of times ... But same as you now won't let me on @all:( :( !! x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've been having this problem on and off since Fri: every time I try to log in to website via phone it diverts me to the "find your nearest group" page. Worse time too as just got back from a weekend away. Wonder what's going on.

I found this thread as I wanted to write to SW about them creating an app or making the website iPhone friendly, I as other people have, sometimes can't log in from my phone.

Even if their app was just for members with a pin if they're scared of losing people as said above (I don't think they would though), it wouldn't even need to have everything from website on it, just the syns calculator and food diary would be a start.

What address did you write to about it so I can write to the same one? X

News flash!!!!
Below was tweeted by Slimming World.

@SlimmingWorld app news update. We're still waiting for app approval. @SlimmingWorld tweeps will be first to know when phase 1 available.
Twitter for iPhone o 04/02/2011 19:41

News flash!!!!

@SlimmingWorld app news update. We're still waiting for app approval. @SlimmingWorld tweeps will be first to know when phase 1 available.

That is good news. If it has an on-line food diary that will be very handy for keeping track. As will recipe searches.

I downloaded the 5k app yesterday and did day 1 of week 1 - it makes following a c25k programme much easier. I prop it on the treadmill and wait for the colour to change to let me know when to walk or jog. I then use my Shuffle for music.

OrangeRachel said:
News flash!!!!

That's excellent news, thanks for letting us know x

Phase 1 of the SW iPhone app was released yesterday. It has basic stuff like a bmi calculator, a 7 day meal plan, recipes and some members stories. Phase 2 will be for members only and will have more stuff.

Phase 1 looks good. Let's hope Phase 2 is released soon!!

Tinsel81 said:
I've been having this problem on and off since Fri: every time I try to log in to website via phone it diverts me to the "find your nearest group" page. Worse time too as just got back from a weekend away. Wonder what's going on.

This happens to me too and I've only just signed up today for online membership. Very disappointed as I only use iPad so can't access website. Grrr

Back