Are CDCs obliged to....

Blimey, Kazz!

It's also company policy for CDCs to encourage enthusiastic clients to train up - the more CDCs we have, the better for the company as a whole!

If you want to train and your CDC is not receptive, get in touch with Lisa Carter at CD who can advise you.

Ye see, I thought that too....she went on about how much time it takes, that you wouldnt make much money from it, that you need approx £1000 to start off, that you need a work permit and blah di blah di blah

Anyway, have decided that I want to move to Scotland over the next couple of years so I think I would be best training when I am there....cost me less money in travel expenses!!!

erm......

if you needed a grand to start off, trust me, hun - I wouldn't have been able to do it! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I feel like moving over to NI just to upset the applecart hahahah! (or at least commuting!)

I feel like moving over to NI just to upset the applecart hahahah! (or at least commuting!)

I'll come over there with you Issy! We'd frighten the living daylights out of her I reckon eh? :rolleyes: :)

I'm sure CD would frown on a CDC advising clients against their products!!!

Such bad business sense, let alone downright rude!

Wouldn't do any harm to give CD a ring to see if anyone else has recently qualified in NI. Failing that, all you NI folk should go get trained yourself! A monopoly purely serves the interest of one person (and not the right one!). That attitude makes me cross!!!!

You're sooo right Isobel !

Have just had a really useful chat with Cambridge Head Office and they're to get back to me...

Re the N.I. situation - I'm actually now seriously considering going for the training.....I'm now at the right BMI (28 ?)...:) , live in Belfast (N.I).... and I already do a bit of Counselling for Childline once a week.....so think I'd be OK......and I LOVE people !!!

Have also spoken to Head Office about who could sponsor me cos(obviously) I don't want my current counsellor as the whole idea of a sponsor is to provide SUPPORT !!!

D'ya think I should go for it ????

What's the time commitment ??......

Advice please from all you CDCs....

Debz
xx

Last edited:
Ye see, I thought that too....she went on about how much time it takes, that you wouldnt make much money from it, that you need approx £1000 to start off, that you need a work permit and blah di blah di blah

Anyway, have decided that I want to move to Scotland over the next couple of years so I think I would be best training when I am there....cost me less money in travel expenses!!!

Hi Kazz - having just spoken to HEad Office re probs with my current (NI) Counsellor...and about me training as a Counsellor - they told me that it only costs £75 to get started....I'm seriously thinking about it cos I really think we're getting a duff service over here.....

we'll see what develops....

Debz
xx

Hiya Debz

I'd def. say go for it, seriously sounds a good Counsellor is needed in N.I. Your counsellor sounds like she's had her way for too long and is doing what she likes, which isn't good for the company, the diet's reputation or other counsellors. What's worrying is if she's got this attitude to supplying products and encouraging new CDCs, where else is she not bothering, if she's cutting corners on the medical side, she could be putting someone in a dangerous situation. Not good at all.

As you know I've just been accredited, I did the training two weeks ago, which is a day's course, followed by a couple of test papers. As you know you need to pay £75 upfront for your business kit & then you'll need to get some stock. With the regards to committment, it depends how many clients you want to take on, whether you want to run it full or part-time, you can pretty much fit it in with your lifestyle. The only (nice) problem for you is you could be very, very overrun with clients desperate for a good CDC.

Give it some thought though, obviously it is a committment & you do need the time to be able to put into it, but I know you'd do a great job :)

Be interested to hear what Head Office come back to you with.

Hello Debz

I'd say absolutely go for it! And, yes, you are OK at BMI 28 to apply :). As Madam D has said, your financial commitment is £75.00 for the business kit should you decide to go ahead plus whatever stock you buy.

Having a good sponsor is important, especially in the early stages when you will definitely need their support, so it's worth seeing if anyone else you know would be prepared to do that if you don't want to use your existing Counsellor as your sponsor. Head Office should be able to advise you on that though.

It sounds to me that the N. Ireland area is very much in need of a good Counsellor so good luck! :D

Hi Kazz - having just spoken to HEad Office re probs with my current (NI) Counsellor...and about me training as a Counsellor - they told me that it only costs £75 to get started....I'm seriously thinking about it cos I really think we're getting a duff service over here.....

we'll see what develops....

Debz
xx

You should do it babes, you would be a fantastic CDC, and as you said, you have done some counselling wtih Childline as well, so you are well able to help people....dint realise you were in Belfast!!

Go on Debz.....apply for it!!!:D

Deffo go for it, Debz!! You can choose how much time it takes up (although don't forget that the admin side takes time as well as seeing folk) and lots of CDCs do it part time, so why not!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yup, deffo go for it, you would be great, knowing that a few peeps struggle with the support from reading on here, it would be great to see you as the CDC in NI!

Thanx guys for all your lovely replies....haven't heard back yet from Head Office - Lisa to ring me....

BUT - I've decided - I AM gonna go for it !!

I feel really passionate about Cambridge and how it can change people's lives....and I'd really love to help others feel as fantastic as I do now :)

hope that doesn't sound arrogant....don't mean to be....it's just I'm all fired up now.....wish Lisa would phone me back... obviously up to her eyes with Conference planning :rolleyes: ;)

Will keep you all posted re developments....

lotsa love

Debz
xx

That's brilliant news Debz ..... go for it and enjoy!!! I'm sure you'll make a fantastic counsellor - and obviosly needed in Belfast. I love my job as a CDC - any advice you want - let me know.

That's brilliant news Debz ..... go for it and enjoy!!! I'm sure you'll make a fantastic counsellor - and obviosly needed in Belfast. I love my job as a CDC - any advice you want - let me know.

Awww thanx Beverley - appreciate that....:)

Will keep ya posted !

Debz
xx

Yes go for it Debz. It makes me soooo angry when I read posts from people who are getting a raw deal from their CDC because they are in an area where there is no choice. And it is no good for Cambridge either, it ruins their reputation if a CDC gives out incorrect information and is downright unhelpful.

Its unanimous! (sorry for the spelling!).

You have everyone's support...how wonderful and encouraging. I hope you do it. It sounds like besides being helpful, it would be a wonderful business opportunity. You will be rushed off your feet!!

Hi

would be great to have someone as encouraging as you to go to if they wanted to do CD.

Hiya - thanx sooo much for that.....I'm all embarrassed now :eek:

Whereabouts in Norn Irund were you brought up ??

Debz
xx

Its unanimous! (sorry for the spelling!).

You have everyone's support...how wonderful and encouraging. I hope you do it. It sounds like besides being helpful, it would be a wonderful business opportunity. You will be rushed off your feet!!

Hi Palmettofairy - too right - the support and encouragement is WONDERFUL :D what a fab place Minimins is!!!

Couldn't have survived CD without it ;)

Hope ur doing OK....

love

Debz
xx

Back