are gall stones probable or rare

Hi All :wave_cry:
how common are gallstones with a vlcd. I am on week two of cambridge and the thought scares me a bit???

thanks.
I am so far loving cambridge, and I have done a lot of diets.
I love getting up in the morning and weighing less than the day before!

They can happen! Trust me! I'm waiting to have my gallbladder out! The doctor has put it down to losing a large amount of weight in a short amount of time and I know of about four other people that have had the same thing whilst doing a VLCD...BUT don't let it scare you, they can happen any time to any one for any amount of reasons, for two weeks of on off pain, a hospital stint and a routine operation I would do it all over again even if someone told me I was going to go through it.

I had a very high fat diet before doing a VLCD and got told that I was likely to get them anyway because of that. My story does sound a little like a horror story but please please don't let it put you off, you know your body and if you don't feel well doing it see a doctor.

Good luck xxx

I had my gallbladder out last year after doing CD. Did the diet cause the stones? Who knows.....but even if they did I don't regret doing the diet.
Good luck
Tara. x

Just want to say ANYONE can get gallstones. My Mum who has never dieted and not that overweight got them last year and had her gall bladder removed this year.

As starlight says it can happen on any diet, If it was so common on cambridge they'd have to inform doctors it was a side effect.

Don't worry about it just keep loving the results:D

Back