Are mushrooms really only 13g per 100g raw?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by happyhealthy, 22 June 2011 Social URL.

1. happyhealthy

happyhealthy Omnomnomnom

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(37.36%)
    Diet:
    Good ol' Calorie Counting and a little bit of happiness :)
    Hello all :wavey:

I'm a huge fan of mushrooms, and usually by the typical 250g cartoons of them at the supermarkets. The nutritional value on the label say that they're 13 calories per 100g, so one would think that if I ate the whole 25og carton (without adding anything else such as butter), I'd be eating 32.5 calories. It just seems so little calories for so much. Can anyone shed any light on this?

It just seems too good to be true!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bumblebum

Bumblebum Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep, its true! I love mushrooms too and they tend to get bunged in with everything I do. A real good, filling low cal option.:)

4. xEmmax

xEmmax Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st2lb(25.6%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Wow, that is actually fantastic! I love mushrooms, I don't know why but I always thought they were lots of calories because they're so bulky. Thanks for this post, think i'm gunna have mushrooms for tea!

5. chocolate_bananas

chocolate_bananas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.69%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hmmm think i need glasses! I buy button mushrooms and i have it written down from the pack that they are 157 calories per 100g! I hope to god that i am wrong :D I love mushrooms!!!!! :D

In fact that does seem far too high LOL!! Where the hell did i get that from.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.