What do I count this as?

I've just had a Soulful One Pot Butternut, Lentil & Spinach Hotpot for lunch and I'm not sure how to account for it. I've tried looking in the SYN search online but the only one that's in there is the Chorizo one.

The ingredients are:-
[h=2]Nutrition[/h][h=3]Allergen Information[/h]Free From Gluten
[h=3]Ingredients[/h]Water, Onions (12%), Potato (7%), Butternut Squash (7%), Spinach (9%), Chickpeas (5%), Yellow Split Peas (5%), Coconut (5%), Green Lentils (5%), Garlic, Ginger, Rice Flour, Red Chilli Puree, Salt, Vegetable Stock [Sea Salt, Yeast Extract, Rice Flour, Onion, Celery, Carrot, Parsley, Turmeric], Coriander, Turmeric, Lemongrass Puree, Pepper, Mustard Seeds, Cardamom Powder
[h=3]Dietary Information[/h]Suitable for Vegetarians; Suitable for Vegans
[h=3]Nutritional Data[/h]
Typical ValuesPer 100gPer Pot
Energy kJ4041414
Energy kcal97339.5
Protein4.6g16.1g
Carbohydrate9.6g33.6g
of which sugars1.3g4.6g
Fat3.6g12.6g
of which saturates3.2g11.2g
Fibre3.7g13g
Sodium0.26g0.91g

Does this mean that it doesn't have any SYNs as it's all stuff that would be Free Food if I made it myself?

Also, I spend a lot of time on the road for work and the easiest thing I can take for breakfast is a protein shake. I know SW isn't particularly keen on meal replacements but, believe me, it's a lot better than anything I could pick up in a petrol station or motorway services, especially as I can't eat wheat so often end up with crisps or chocolate! How do I count that as it doesn't appear on any listings I can find. The nutrition for this is:-

label-lowcarb-milkchocolate.jpg

How do I account for this?

TIA

Try using the syns calculator under the syns area (Weight loss tools) You'll need the overall weight of the product too to be able to work out the syns.
For the hotpot, I entered the values you put in your post, and it came up at 17.5 syns per portion, but I'm guessing at the overall weight of the product. Also, as the first ingredient is water, I don't think you can have any free foods in it (I'm sure you're supposed to take the first ingredient on the list) but even if you use onion as the free food, it's still showing at 10 syns.

I wouldn't say it would be free, but then again, I could be wrong!!

The shake would have to be classed as syns using 1 syn per 20 so 7.5 syns per shake

Yes the hotpot is 10 syns. Package size must be 350g worked out using per pot values are 3.5 times more than 100g values

All the ingredients arent free as its got coconut and rice flour in and you dont know if the purees have oil in them

The shake would have to be classed as syns using 1 syn per 20 so 7.5 syns per shake

Thank you. I get this and will just have to make sure I keep the rest of my SYNs low on days when I'm travelling.

I don't get the Soulful Pot though. Surely I can't be looking at that many SYNs when Spinach, Potato, Onion, Butternut Squash, Lentils, Chickpeas and Split Peas (not sure about coconut?) would all be free foods if this was homemade :confused:

And look at the amount of fat in it - that 12.6 grams must come from coconut or oil?

Sorry Jen, you posted while I did. Gah, and I thought it was a virtuous lunch too :(

Ah well, I won't be doing that again. That's today messed up then

Just see it as a learning experience lol

Also how about taking a banana for breakfast when rushing about travelling?

I do take fruit but, for instance, tomorrow I'll be up at 5.30am to drive from Dorset to Nottingham and straight into a meeting when I get there. I need something a bit more filling than fruit but which I can consume while I'm driving as it will take me close on 5 hours to get there.

Yes I bet - dont want a rumbling tummy in a meeting!

Do you have any time where you can pull over for a quick break and have a sarnie ready using your HEB?

I normally only have a very quick wee break lol

I was hoping to save my HEB as I don't know what I'm going to have in the evening yet. It makes it blimmin hard when you don't do 'normal' working and have to stay away in hotels (I'm back home Thursday evening). I'm trying to be as prepared as possible but I only started a couple of weeks ago and I'm struggling to get my head around how to make it work when I'm travelling.

Its a hard one. Theres plenty of things to make to take out and about - rice or pasta salad etc - but hard to eat when driving!

Hopefully someone will come on with a brainwave

How about a container with some sliced cold meats, boiled eggs, tomatoes

ooh ooh ooh - how about sw quiches made in little muffin tins. They'd be easy to eat

Overnight oats? Egg muffins? Alpen bars and fruit?

Back