• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Extra Easy Are peas now allowed as free veg on extra easy?

Hi, I don't go to group and just follow SW on my own using teh books and popping on here and other sites occasionally. Bought the new mag yesterday and in the booklet there was a recipe for fish chips and peas and it was listed as free on EE! I always thought that you had to have a third of your plate as superfree veg on EE and peas and sweetcorn were not super free - have they changed this now?

Great news if they have, I would normally have fish chips and peas but only on a green day and have a small piece of fish as HE, but great if I don't have to measure it!

Anyone know if they have changed the rules on EE to allow peas and sweetcorn???
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
They are both free but not superfree. So they don't count towards the third of your plate that you are supposed to fill with superfree. Hope that helps
because it is still free as the ingredients are free its up to u to fill the rest of your plate with superfree xx
It says in the FAQ on the SW site that the 1/3 superfree rule isn't set in stone but they encourage people to follow it (or words to that effect). I suppose in this case, they would expect you to follow up your fish and chipd with a fruit salad for pudding to make up the difference?
Ah, this was it:

Q: Is a third of a plate of Superfree Food mandatory on the Extra Easy plan?
A: No, we'd never insist you eat in a way that might not suit you. However, we encourage you to include a third of a plate of Superfree Food to keep Extra Easy extra low energy density (low calorie), extra satisfying and extra healthy to optimise weight loss.
There were a few recipes in the magzine where i thought that too, but if you look in the background of the picture you'll probably see a bowl of salad!
Thanks for that I suppose I just assumed that if you need to eat extra superfree they would put it in the recipe so that newbies understand. Most of the time they say serve with a salad but who would eat a salad with fish, chips and peas:rolleyes: