Are the bars a good idea?

Gemma1986

Im just me!
do you suggest i try them when i can or will it make me just want to eat?

Personally? I couldn't survive without them, its lovely to have something to chew on, but each person is different Gem honey, but after 2 weeks you should be OK I would have thought. I have had them since day one, and now I have 2 a day!

I'd say have them. It really does make the diet easier

I tried two different flavours on my 5th week as I normally only like chocolate and chocolate mint shakes but I didn't like the bars. I think they have a funny after taste. I'd still say to give them a try and see if you like them as everyone has different tastes.

I tried two different flavours on my 5th week as I normally only like chocolate and chocolate mint shakes but I didn't like the bars. I think they have a funny after taste. I'd still say to give them a try and see if you like them as everyone has different tastes.

I don't really like any of them, but I still have them because it is, at least, solid :)

I am not on CD, and I love my lemon yoghurt bars and the lemon crunch ones are pretty good too x

My cdc told me to halve a shake so I get to have one for lunch and one for breakfast and a soup for tea, Then she said cut a bar into 4 and you can have a piece with brekkie, lunch, tea and when you fancy something to nibble in evening. I also read somewhere that they put them in the fridge and cut them into about 30 pieces so it lasts longer.My cdc told me it was ok to have bars from day 1, but i've been a bit scared to try them in case it takes me out of ketosis.I will have to have some by day 5 because I will run out of shakes and soups until I go and see her, have any of you had them since day one and if so do you think they make a difference to your weight loss.

I am hugely carb sensitive and found the my weight loss really slowed when I had the bars so I've decided not too :-( would have been nice though! X

personality there a no no for me there lovely but i can't stop till there all gone just like chocolate. they don't feel like a meal to me more of a snack and today i've craved chocolate all day after having 3 bars yesterday and i feel much more hungry.
there not for me but you may get on with them.

I am exactly the same as tinkerbellsmum. If I have them in the house, I eat them until they are gone. I am a terrible chocoholic!

This is why I limit myself to 1 per week (now and again I will have 2 a week). I find that on a friday I put my tetra in the freezer along with my bar (so it is really chewy and lasts longer!) and I eat my tetra ice cream, then my bar! I look at it like a treat and it is much better than just scoffing loads!

I will say though (not sure if anyone else has had this) but if I eat 2 bars in a day I find I am so windy and my stomach gurgles away. Doesn't stop me if they are there though! But evenso, something to watch out for.

If I remember rightly, odd weeks I had a choco craving (usually TOTM) I would buy 1 for each day and get my hubby to hide them and put one in the freezer for me each morning before he went to work so I wasn't tempted! It worked well for me!

Maybe you could experiment with the flavours and if you find you like thm too much get someone to hide them from you until you need them! Because technically you aren't really supposed to have more than one a day anyway - with the extra carbs and calories. It didn't ever effect my losses but I guess if you have 2 or 3 each day your losses would be slightly less. Then again everyone is different, you may not be effected by them at all as far as losses go!

Hugs x x x

I will say though (not sure if anyone else has had this) but if I eat 2 bars in a day I find I am so windy and my stomach gurgles away. Doesn't stop me if they are there though! But evenso, something to watch out for.

hmm that might explain why i was bloated yesterday and had stomach pains. on the plus side it helped me go for a number 2 as i've been struggling.

I have had them from Day 1 and I have never found I have low losses. It is true though, we are all different. I couldn't possibly do this diet without them though.

I'm very lucky actually as I don't have chocolate cravings so 1 a day or every few days is fine...I wish they did some sort of crisps though! lol

i only have 1 bar A as my ccs said you are only allowed 1 a day as it slows down the weight loss, i cut mine straight down the middle then into wee squares so that it last longer

Back