Are the recipes any good?

Miffyjinx

I have started LT last week I'm on my 7th day so it's wi time aaahhh! :) I've been reading this site and there are some stories that have really kept me going to be a slimmer, better me.
I was reading through and there are some great recipes from a while back that I am thinking of trying, like making chocolate bar or hotchoco mint drink.
I was just wondering if any one had tried them? If so were they good? But also if people think its a good idea to make them or not?I've have been 100% so far and not done badly (although it was tough going out for my mates 25th last saturday) but I am getting the boredom of the 3 shakes a day. I will stick with it whatever as I am determined to be a size 12/14 again :happy036:
You are all such an inspiration and I couldn't do it without this site. [/COLOR]

Hi there

only thing different iv done so far is heating up choc shake to make hotchoc and i like it...
something different on a cold morning or evening.. havent tried the mint tea in it...
also going to try the soup one day this week when im feeling brave..
well done on day 7..x

Hi,
Im only on Day 1, ive managed a strawberry shake, it was ok, but uhm the chicken soup...... does anyone have any tips on how to make this nicer (other than to return & swap lol), and are there any other ways to take these shakes please, all tips helpful

Hi, are we allowed to mix mint tea in the chocolate, I was told only green tea??? dont want to make mistakes on my first day ::)))

i mixed peppermint tea in with my choc shake and added loads of ice cubes to make it cold, it was actually quite nice. try adding curry powder or pepper to the chicken soup as it gives it abit of a kick xx

Well I tried to make the poppadom and it was actually ok, not really like an actual one but made me feel like I was eating something other than chicken soup and filled me up nicely. I lost 7lb today woo hoo so i'll give the others a try some other time as it says you can only cook 1 a day.

I, also make my chocolate shake into a hot chocolate - mmmm!

poppadom??? i not heard this recipe? could u let me know what you do for this please, i'm with lucinda i add chilli flakes or pepper or curry powder to soup and warm it up and it not to bad, just dont add salt it big no no. also peppermint tea is a nice warm tea to help get you through day x

To make the poppadoms (don't expect anything great lol)

Poppadom's
Mix a soup pack into a smooth paste, spread on a plate or greaseproof paper and microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 mins.when it starts to bubble open up and let it settle for a sec. keep opening and letting it settle until (the poppadom) starts to turn golden (don't take your eyes off it)!!! - when it is golden brown take it out and let it cool, then peel it off and enjoy
Be careful of overcooking, as this will make them taste slightly bitter.
And make sure you spread it quite thinly I made the mistake last night and the thin parts were nice the thicker parts were abit gooey

To make the poppadoms (don't expect anything great lol)

Poppadom's
Mix a soup pack into a smooth paste, spread on a plate or greaseproof paper and microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 mins.when it starts to bubble open up and let it settle for a sec. keep opening and letting it settle until (the poppadom) starts to turn golden (don't take your eyes off it)!!! - when it is golden brown take it out and let it cool, then peel it off and enjoy
Be careful of overcooking, as this will make them taste slightly bitter.
And make sure you spread it quite thinly I made the mistake last night and the thin parts were nice the thicker parts were abit gooey
I do the same to make cookies with the chocolate shake!!! x

Back