1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Are there any 100% potato chips to buy?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by slimming, 7 April 2011 Social URL.

1. slimming

slimming Member

Hello again :D

I love slimming world chips!

But being lazy - i just wanted to know, do tesco/asda/etc sell any 100% potato frozen chips.

Maybe ones that are supposed to be used in a deep-fat-fryer could just be sprayed and cooked in the oven?

Our asda is quite small - so i couldnt see any, but im sure someone on here has already had the idea and found them if its possible!

Thanks guys. This forum is amazing. You've ruined my browser favorites - as i've had to bookmark 1000s of posts that i've been reading. lol. :love047:
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. RegField

RegField Silver Member

Yes. They are called potatoes!

Seriously, I have never seen the point of frozen oven chips. It takes no more time to cut up a potato and put it into a dish with a squirt of frylight, than it does to go to the freezer and cut open a packet. And it is soooooo much cheaper.
  4. AmyS

AmyS is on the road to Slimdon

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Why don't you do a whole batch of potatoes where you peel and cut them and then freeze them in batches. Then they will be ready for you on those days where you are feeling "lazy". I know how you feel as sometimes I feel the same about prepping the chips - I sometimes don't bother peeling and have wedges instead!

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    Or you can have the McCains Rustic Oven Chips with skins on at 100g frozen weight for 1 syn.
  6. Funky_Munky

Funky_Munky Put the kettle on

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    The rustic ones are yummy too!!!!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.